DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Problem with shaky footage using the mini

oll

Reactions
View media item 3252I recently found that all footage I took the last two weeks is extremely shaky. The issue seems to be much worse on anything that is close to the drone such as the trees to the bottom right side, but anything far away seems to be fine. I think it almost looks like a stabilization issue.

Is this a gimbal issue? How do I fix this?

It's my first post so I do a quick introduction, so to not be all to rude. I'm a designer by profession and a hobby photographer. I have made a couple of semi-famous games and I take a lot of portraits when I'm not working, both digital and analog film stuff.

cheers

welcome to the forum

Reactions: oll
I recently found that all footage I took the last two weeks is extremely shaky. The issue seems to be much worse on anything that is close to the drone such as the trees to the bottom right side, but anything far away seems to be fine...
Welcome to the forum! The whole video is shaky. You can see the mountains shake when you enlarge the video.

Don't have a Mini so will not venture a guess as to the cause. Hopefully someone else will chime in.

Welcome to the forum! The whole video is shaky. You can see the mountains shake when you enlarge the video.

Don't have a Mini so will not venture a guess as to the cause. Hopefully someone else will chime in.
Thanks! Yeah you are right, even the mountains are shaking. I couldn't see it clearly on the phone screen first. I hope to find the issue, or maybe a way to troubleshoot and fix it myself.

welcome to the forum
Thank you!

try to render the footage , and see if that works , the other thing to try , is to just have enough sky to show when videoing with the drone. this may work

Sounds like a gimbal problem to me. Be sure it can freely move in all 3 axes. I had the shake and tilt issue once and it turned out to be dirt in the gimbal as it was stiff in the pitch movement. Manually moving up and down while powered off freed it up.

It wasn't until I landed that I got the "gimbal overload" error.

try to render the footage , and see if that works , the other thing to try , is to just have enough sky to show when videoing with the drone. this may work
Sorry, what does this mean?
And how do I render the footage? Post-process it?

Sounds like a gimbal problem to me. Be sure it can freely move in all 3 axes. I had the shake and tilt issue once and it turned out to be dirt in the gimbal as it was stiff in the pitch movement. Manually moving up and down while powered off freed it up.

It wasn't until I landed that I got the "gimbal overload" error.
It gave a warning once saying something about gimbal. I didn't have time to read it though and it doesn't show now.

I'm gonna give it a bump and see if I can notice anything mechanical that's wrong with it.

How windy were the conditions when you were flying? I’ve seen the same shakiness in my footage when flying in 25+ kmph winds

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rarmstrong2580