DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Problems after updating

asylum23

Reactions
Hello, I bought a Mini 2 from Amazon, have been having LOTS of issues after last update, only then.

I've spent many hours t/sing. Amazon told me contact DJI for warranty. DJI has ignored all attempts at contacting them.

Just today noticed that the Drone and the box also do not match. I know in the program they don't match, but this is the label on the box and the sticker inside the battery compartment, totally different. I don't think the Controller is supposed to match? But that is also a different number. And I bought this NEW.

Please see my posts. I'm on 5 phones for troubleshooting. I've rolled back the Drivers twice.

Never had this issue prior to their last update, now even getting rid of that it's still crashing.

And Bonus, the RtH no longer works. At all. It gives a nonsense error message.

Mine could be sitting, photo'ing, pano, video, anything...screen freezes, then it's either: black screen, comes back, goes to desktop, app restarts, or I have to force close and reopen the app.

I don't care how "unnerving" this is, it takes the joy and safety out of flying. I've seen some Pilots say they've had to do a full restart of their phone with their Drone 400' in the air. Bought on Amazon, under Warranty, puts me between them and DJI, who has ignored all contacts for support.

I didn't break it, didn't crash, didn't do anything I'm not supposed to. The Drone just does not work correctly. See the hundreds of reviews on Amazon, I'm not the only one.

Last edited by a moderator:
I’ve moved your posts to their own thread in the proper forum after you hijacked two other threads with them. I’ve done this to hopefully get a response from the expert owners in our community to give you a guiding hand in fixing your issues.

Please note that we are a group of owners that try to share knowledge to assist each other. We are NOT DJI tech support or customer service and are not affiliated with DJI.

Please see my posts. I'm on 5 phones for troubleshooting. I've rolled back the Drivers twice.

Never had this issue prior to their last update, now even getting rid of that it's still crashing.

And Bonus, the RtH no longer works. At all. It gives a nonsense error message.

Mine could be sitting, photo'ing, pano, video, anything...screen freezes, then it's either: black screen, comes back, goes to desktop, app restarts, or I have to force close and reopen the app.

I don't care how "unnerving" this is, it takes the joy and safety out of flying. I've seen some Pilots say they've had to do a full restart of their phone with their Drone 400' in the air. Bought on Amazon, under Warranty, puts me between them and DJI, who has ignored all contacts for support.

I didn't break it, didn't crash, didn't do anything I'm not supposed to. The Drone just does not work correctly. See the hundreds of reviews on Amazon, I'm not the only one.
Considering the host of issues you appear to be having, as I see it, you have 3 options..

Contact DJI support. There are multiple ways and most people here in the messages I've read have had reasonable results contacting DJI.. However, any time you contact support for any company, the results are not instantaneous, they take time to work through a process. Patience is required.. I find it hard to believe that DJI support completely ignored you..

Find another pilot in you're area with more experience if possible that can assist you with reviewing the issues and provide more information on how to resolve them with their assistance.

Reading reviews on Amazon in many or most cases is useless, many of these reviews are probably from people that have little or no experience flying and while they've made flying drones pretty easy today, it still takes practice and experience to be good at it and there are technical issues that do crop up that a pilot needs to understand or figure out.

There are hundreds if not thousands of people here successfully flying their DJI drones every day. But its not a problem free experience in some cases and takes time to work them out.

There are hardware requirements for the devices used to run the Fly App. If your using Fly for Android, despite some discussion it makes it no difference between it and IOS, Android IMHO has been more problematic than running on IOS and the device you run it on can make a difference. there is a list of approved devices that you can search for.

Finally if you cannot resolve your problems, perhaps if you can return it, perhaps that's the way to go.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sverkerh