DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Problems Switching from SC to remote that came with Drone

bburnett15

Reactions
I am using a Smart Controller to fly the M2P and Air 2s. My problem is i want to try using the remote controllers that came with those drones. I did use that remote before purchasing the SC, but the A2s came after the SC so I always used the SC. Now, i want to use my iPad screen with the remotes that came with the drones and i cannot get either drone to pair with it’s remote.
I called DJI support about the problem with the 2s and after repeatedly not listening to me, they finally said to send it in. I am tired of trying to make it work, but before i send it in, i just wanted to check here to see if anyone has had that problem and found a solution. Thanks!

Hmm, this is concerning. I bought the FMC with SC but the battery life is pretty limited. I'm thinking of getting a RC-N1 to take on our trip to Hawaii as a ready spare but need to be able to switch seamlessly between the two.

I am using a Smart Controller to fly the M2P and Air 2s. My problem is i want to try using the remote controllers that came with those drones. I did use that remote before purchasing the SC, but the A2s came after the SC so I always used the SC. Now, i want to use my iPad screen with the remotes that came with the drones and i cannot get either drone to pair with it’s remote.
I called DJI support about the problem with the 2s and after repeatedly not listening to me, they finally said to send it in. I am tired of trying to make it work, but before i send it in, i just wanted to check here to see if anyone has had that problem and found a solution. Thanks!
Are your original remotes updated?

Attachments

• FC50148C-EAEC-4270-A6B4-BD5C6B01B95D.jpeg
    FC50148C-EAEC-4270-A6B4-BD5C6B01B95D.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 8
  • 6265DFAC-928C-4436-9264-636CDBDA1728.jpeg
    6265DFAC-928C-4436-9264-636CDBDA1728.jpeg
    900.1 KB · Views: 8
I assume you chose the right model when turning on the app. Surprised it's happening with both Fly and Go4, usually switching remotes is straightforward...relink sequence. Depending on model, some drones need a specified frequency 2.4 or 5.8 to link. This is done in the app.

Regarding the send photo
All 4 lights blinking in a sequence one at a time, can't comment about beeping, I am largely deaf.
Did you watch the video "from 2:30 to 3:50"?

Just for clarity, you are trying to link a grey coloured controller as shown in the video, aren't you?

If, when you attempt to trigger linking of the controller via either the App or the 3 button press on the actual grey controller itself, you do not see the "All 4 lights blinking in a sequence one at a time" on the grey controller, as shown in the video, then I think the grey controller is defective.
Note I have to press the 3 buttons simultaneously for maybe 2 or 3 seconds to trigger the linking process but it works every time and I have just tried it on two Mini 2 controllers. These are RC231/RC-N1 controllers which are I believe the same model of controller as that supplied with the Air 2S.

Last edited:
To use the App's linking function, go through the menu chain, 3 dot menu -> Control -> scroll down to the bottom of the menu and press re-pair to Aircraft (Link).
Then you will/should get a count down timer showing how long the linking process will remain active.

To use the App's linking function, go through the menu chain, 3 dot menu -> Control -> scroll down to the bottom of the menu and press re-pair to Aircraft (Link).
Then you will/should get a count down timer showing how long the linking process will remain active.
when i do that, i get an instant message “Pairing failed” and i have the choice to either “Cancel” or “Retry”. Retry just gives me another instant “Pairing failed” message.
im going to watch the video again and see if i missed something.

Try it with out the drone switched on and see if you get the same instant failure. If so there is something wrong.

In that case I would unbind the smart controller and just for the belt and braces approach unbind the drone. You can rebind the drone later.
I have not tried binding a controller as I do not have flyaway cover and I am not offered the option to bind the controller.

What does the 3 buttom press do, with or with out the drone being on etc.?
What does the App method do without the drone being switched on?
For me, with the drone switched off, both methods trigger the linking process in the controller but the 3 button process does not time out

I do not as a rule have the phone connected when I use the 3 button method but I just tried it with a phone connected, drone switched off, and the App itself gave no indication of linking but the controller does.
When the drone is switched on and looking for a new link, the 3 button method works with or with out a phone being attached to the controller.

Last edited:
So the M2P. Controller works- so thats fine.
The Air 2s controller is being sent back to DJI for repair.
thanks for taking all that time to help help me validate the problem.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan