DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Professional License??

SpinRush

Reactions
I’d like to know more about what it means to hold a Professional Drone license. Next week, I’m going to Flight School here in Japan. I’m starting towards what they refer to as a JS1 license. Right now, I consider myself an enthusiasts who wants to be a responsible drone pilot.

There is a professional course JS2 or JS3. I’m not sure what that means in terms of opportunities. Hoping I can get some answers here.

the professional drone licence allows you to obtain payment for flying your drone and means that you can demonstrate a much greater knowledge of air space rules and regs,and that you are competent to fly in areas that might be off limits to the hobby pilot with different rules that apply

the professional drone licence allows you to obtain payment for flying your drone and means that you can demonstrate a much greater knowledge of air space rules and regs,and that you are competent to fly in areas that might be off limits to the hobby pilot with different rules that apply

Okay, that sounds about right. I guess my follow-up question is who on Earth is going to pay me to fly my drone? This is unfamiliar territory for me.

you only need a professional licence if you intend to turn your hobby into a business venture and then people will hire your services to take pictures of what they want to see from the air there are many uses from house surveys to surveying a patch of ground to see what is there and for videoing say a wedding ceremony and other events of course you can obtain the professional licence without having the idea to use it for payment,and you will have a greater knowledge base if that is your want

This is all advice for the Part 107 commercial certificate in the U.S. It may or may not be applicable to Japan and what JS2 or JS3 mean there. Perhaps someone familiar with Japanese law can weigh in.

Reactions: old man mavic
Thanks for the info guys. I’ll try to document what I can about my Flight School here in Japan. One thing that is really nice is that my classes are in English here. Also the test I have to take will be done in English.

We don’t actually need to obtain a license here in Japan but I want to be a better pilot. Also there are many Japanese civilians who have a negative image of drones. They LOVE to call the police so I’d like to have my license just in case.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deepdark