DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Prop Guards

Reactions
Bought myself a set of prop guards for my MP.
Does anyone actually use these and if so do they have any effect on performance when flying outdoors.
I don't think I'll use them for outdoor flying, but maybe indoors.

Attachments

• 20190105_202341.jpg
    20190105_202341.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 34
Credibility on the street = 0 (man! those things are hideous)
you could use them to hang your Mavic on the wall I suppose
[Edit] Performance wise I've no idea but doubt it since the force of flying isn't going in the direction of those things or they wouldn't have options in the app to toggle if you are going to use them.
Maybe they do affect flight in some way!

Last edited:
Reactions: Markjenkins5515
I use them on an inspection bird as I fly in tight places and around obstacles. When you turn on the prop cage feature in the go4 app it will change its flight characteristics and make it handle more sluggishly (for lack of a better description), not in a bad way though. Its slightly slower and stick input sensitivity is reduced.

If you remove the cages and forget to turn it off in the app the craft will shake violently when you try to take off.

Reactions: SpinItUp
I use them on an inspection bird as I fly in tight places and around obstacles. When you turn on the prop cage feature in the go4 app it will change its flight characteristics and make it handle more sluggishly (for lack of a better description), not in a bad way though. Its slightly slower and stick input sensitivity is reduced.

If you remove the cages and forget to turn it off in the app the craft will shake violently when you try to take off.
Thanks for the advice, I probably won't use them.
Only got them as I used to put them on my P3P when flying indoors

Bought myself a set of prop guards for my MP.
Does anyone actually use these and if so do they have any effect on performance when flying outdoors.
I don't think I'll use them for outdoor flying, but maybe indoors.
I use pro guards when flying indoors. I do this to protect the walls and furniture.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magic31