DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

propeller issue

i30

Reactions
Hi everyone,
after hours of perfect flying my Mini3Pro I've got the problem - without any unusual forces during flight the screw holding the prop blade broke its "head" ..... thread remains in the rotor, head had lost. Good luck, it happened in low altitude so bird didn't got any harm, but now i need to "unscrew" the rest of screw ......... ??? some idea ??? (screw is steel, rotor is some AL alloy). At this moment grounded :(

Attachments

• 20230101_203328.jpg
    20230101_203328.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 24
Return the drone as a warranty problem, the screw should not have broken. Any DIY attempt to get the remaining screw thread out is likely to mess up the female threads in the boss and or get steel? swarf in the motors.

Had similar problem after replacing damaged propeller, head of screw broke and remainder of thread stuck in holder. Had to return to DJI. DJI replaced my entire unit - No charge, I was very impressed. I don’t believe these screws are very strong, and additional care is required when screwing the screw in.

the screws are indeed very tiny and excessive force applied during tightening will cause them to break if subjected to some bending force ,in many ways ,with all the Mini drones in the DJI stable ,the return to a screw fixing, albeit to reduce weight, was unfortunately a backwards step,and changing props has now become quite problematic,and needs some attention to detail to achieve a good result,it is very easy to over tighten them

Reactions: rgarjr and GFields
thanks for recommendations - fortunately it is under warranty so I send it back for replacement .....

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
instaproapk