DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pulled the trigger on a Mini 2

Don't put too much stock in the DHL delivery dates. My experience is that they always under promise and do better than their delivery dates. The key is when it leaves Hong Kong. It usually ends up in Hamilton about 24 hours later. Routing is usually Hong Kong-Seoul(crew change)-Cincinnatti and then it transfers to Cargojet for a flight to Hamilton. You'll probably have an extra day for the Hamilton to Halifax flight, unless there is a Cincinnatti-Halifax direct flight.

Reactions: JamieK
Don't put too much stock in the DHL delivery dates. My experience is that they always under promise and do better than their delivery dates. The key is when it leaves Hong Kong. It usually ends up in Hamilton about 24 hours later. Routing is usually Hong Kong-Seoul(crew change)-Cincinnatti and then it transfers to Cargojet for a flight to Hamilton. You'll probably have an extra day for the Hamilton to Halifax flight, unless there is a Cincinnatti-Halifax direct flight.
Good to know, it’s already had the Cincinnati update so maybe it’ll get the Canada connector on Monday.

Reactions: timinator
Ive had one for a couple of months now, I like the extreme portability of it, I had the Mavic pro before which was the most portable before the Mini came out, the 4K is excellent, its just a pity that the FLY app is a pile of (deleted by moderator) and that it has a lot less features than the GO and GO 4 app.
I'm totally new as well so when you say it's a pile of feces what do you mean? And this GO app is compatible with the DJI MM@? Thanks

I'm totally new as well so when you say it's a pile of feces what do you mean? And this GO app is compatible with the DJI MM@? Thanks
Can’t answer why he thinks it’s garbage. Having used both, the Go app allows more control of your settings and feels to be more of a professional use app. The Fly app feels to be more consumer use. I personally haven’t had any issues with either and don’t really miss anything when using Fly with the Mini. You cannot use Go with the Mini/Air models.

Reactions: timinator and Zim13
I'll echo what @JamieK said about the DJI Fly app. It seems to work ok for me with the original mini. People need to remember that you're talking the most basic drone with the mini. Still, I like it a lot, so much in fact that I bought the Mini 2. I still have my Phantom 4 pro plus model but it doesn't get nearly as much air time as the mini and that's entirely because I can't legally fly it in a lot of areas where I can fly the mini.

DHL dropped it off today so charging up the batteries before I set it up ? The two Minis are definitely cute together.

The two Minis are definitely cute together.
I am sure they are very cute together. And while I understand the power of the temptation I would resist the urge to fly them with a controller in each hand.?
Although, they can fly themselves so one could lay one controller on a table, other in the hand and the Mini and Mini 2 can be used to make aerial photos of each other. Now that I am thinking about it, can't wait to see the pics.?

I am sure they are very cute together. And while I understand the power of the temptation I would resist the urge to fly them with a controller in each hand.?
Although, they can fly themselves so one could lay one controller on a table, other in the hand and the Mini and Mini 2 can be used to make aerial photos of each other. Now that I am thinking about it, can't wait to see the pics.?
My profile pic is of the Mini and my MP flying together so yeah I'll have to update it with all three :)

Excellent. I fear that mine has been lost in transit. It left Hong Kong on Monday and hasn't been heard from since :(
Same happened with my shipping. then it was toggling between NYC and Cincinnati for a couple of days before hitting Ontario. Then one day to NS and on my doorstep the next day.

Reactions: timinator and DJayI
The original mini battery will put you over 250g if it matters to you.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne