DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Purchased a used Air 2S - won't bind, drone grounded (still registered to the previous owner)

mannybigsmoke

Reactions
I have purchased a used Air 2S online (from a reseller) and I am now trying to bind it to my Smart controller.
Unfortunately, an error shows up as the drone is still bound to the previous owner. It tells me I can fly 5 times before the drone is grounded. I have attached the screenshots of this on the bottom. I have the original controller that the previous owner used, couldn't unbind with that either.
The DJI Support told me there is nothing I can do as this is theft prevention? Can the previous owner unbind the drone from his account? I don't see a way of doing this?

How do you transfer ownership between drones, seems tough to do?
Thank you so much for your help! Will have to send the drone back if it isn't possible. But how do you transfer ownership of a drone? DJI Support told me they cannot do anything as to prevent the theft of drones...but I have a bill of sale and legitimately purchased this unit:)?

Attachments

• IMG_20210929_145547.jpg
    IMG_20210929_145547.jpg
    6.5 MB · Views: 49
  • IMG_20210929_145629.jpg
    IMG_20210929_145629.jpg
    6.3 MB · Views: 46
  • IMG_20210929_145709.jpg
    IMG_20210929_145709.jpg
    5.8 MB · Views: 47
That video is from 2019 and pretty much irrelevant/wrong, the account binding system OP has trouble with is brand new.

DJI support is not Tech: Try the Factory Reset , and create a new DJI account , should be that simple.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain.

I can not help with your problem other than to suggest you try contacting the original owner and ask if they can unbind it (if it is possible to do that remotely) or if they are willing to give you their log in details so that you could do it.
If the reseller is a shop etc. perhaps they would contact the original owner and ask them to get in touch with you etc. etc.

Watching that video I am left wondering why DJI have removed all the options from later versions. Ho hum.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: myuziq
I can not help with your problem other than to suggest you try contacting the original owner and ask if they can unbind it (if it is possible to do that remotely) or if they are willing to give you their log in details so that you could do it.
If the reseller is a shop etc. perhaps they would contact the original owner and ask them to get in touch with you etc. etc.

Watching that video I am left wondering why DJI have removed all the options from later versions. Ho hum.
I think it started when they added the flyaway coverage. That requires the drone to be bound to your device. Therein lies the problem. The same device or the previous owners log-in information is required to "unbind" the aircraft from that device. At least that's how I understand it to work.

Reactions: Mazdaman323lx
I am thinking along the same lines but think there must be a connection/binding between the app and/or the-app's-'account-holder' and the equipment AS WELL AS between the bits of equipment themselves.
Presumably all the equipment is from the original 'union' so they should presumably be bound to one another.

Presumably all the equipment is from the original 'union' so they should presumably be bound to one another.
I think the OP has things working ok with the original controller but can't get it to connect to his Smart Controller because the Air 2S is attached to another account.

Whoops, that fairly important point did not register, Holmer moment.
Given that I was up the spout with post #8, it raises the question, can it be flown using the original controller and an App registered to the OP?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toninhostark