DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pure genius, or the dumbest idea ever?

Please provide brand and where you bought them. I have a Mavic Pro that I would like to 'light up'. Thanks

They are called VIOLENCE BEAR (hehe) bike lights, and I bought them in Dragon Mart in Dubai for $5

Where you live you don't get mail? Seriously, order online. Ebay, Amazon etc are better online.

I get mail. It takes ages. I pay for shipping. I pay for customs. I pay for the post office to keep the parcel for me.
The shops don't have them. The other day, I had a choice of ND filters or nothing (I wanted ND with PL).
I ordered some on Amazon, they take 16 days to arrive. From Amazon.
Today I ordered more stuff from Ebay. It will arrive by 30th November. A month and a half.

My main worry is not whether it looks good or not but if if will affect the aerodynamics and/or potentially fall. I have no idea of the relative wind when you fly in sports mode, so I guess I will have to go and try on some desert somewhere.

Reactions: Iffykid
My main worry is not whether it looks good or not but if if will affect the aerodynamics and/or potentially fall.

Just get small-ish ones that can be placed in a position where they don't stick out.

I just got FHT Duals for the front arms, put them here . . .

IMG_4647.jpg IMG_4648.jpg

I angled mine slightly out so no light will shine in towards camera (even though many with brighter strobes say no effect is ever visible, even at night).

On the back, one of those Dual strobes (or an ARCII) should fit without any drag.

This is an ARCII public safety series (White/Red) on the back of my M1P, fits nicely angled slightly down just above status light.

IMG_4649.jpg IMG_4650.jpg

If you have a M2P you may find the spot where DJI logo is suitable ?

JeanetteDMoses-DJI-9.jpeg

Last edited:
They
Search the forum here Wendy, search all forums with words like . . . strobes ? ?
There are loads of very recent threads, several brands and all would give you better VLOS.

As simple as one decent one on the back, if you need to find it just do a quick yaw around.

Even if you don't fly far out, usually one look down at your monitor, and look up again, they can just vanish !!
They do vanish I tell you! Thanks ?

Look into Firehouse Arc ll's. They can be seen at 3 NM.

13000 lumens, Wow. So they can be seen from 3 New Mexico's?

They would be handy if your drone went down too.
Are they shrink wrapped? Hard to tell from the photo's

These are the guys who make those speakers for bicycles huh,
but that's a hole nother thread

Last edited:
Look into Firehouse Arc ll's. They can be seen at 3 NM.

If ordered direct from Firehouse as low as $25 per light if ordered in a 4pk/$99.99 or $28.33 per light in a 3pk/$84.99

As it turns out my $5 bike light are to big to heavy and only have a light out put of a guesstimated 80-100 lumen so I am going Firehouse next just a question of a 3pk or 4 pk for my Mavic Air:cool:

Reactions: JS1600
If ordered direct from Firehouse as low as $25 per light if ordered in a 4pk/$99.99 or $28.33 per light in a 3pk/$84.99

As it turns out my $5 bike light are to big to heavy and only have a light out put of a guesstimated 80-100 lumen so I am going Firehouse next just a question of a 3pk or 4 pk for my Mavic Air:cool:

On static mode/white it will be mistaken for a new Comet or Asteroid approaching Earth.

Reactions: Mavic Air Head
I agree with the idea that adding any additional weight for any reason would affect flight dynamics. A while back I ordered a 3D attachment for my MPP. The attachment holds my GoPro camera. The 3D printing company guaranteed this plastic attachment would work. Well, it did from the standpoint of being a perfect fit...drone to attachment to GoPro. However, when I tried to take off, the drone couldn’t do it. Too much weight. Live and learn.
I have flown my Mavic 2 Pro with my Osmo Action cam attached to the top of the battery with a mount, It flew just fine.
I also use the Firehouse strobes.

Reactions: G Lee
Rear Helmet lights have the best form factor ive seen.
Smaller once you cut away the excess. Use some Double sided

There are variations of this type of strobe light available on eBay.
They use watch batteries, are super bright and weigh nothing

So I took your advice and bought a Met Duo light. On the positive side they are super-light, and can be cut down. But I wish they were a little brighter (or even a lot brighter)
b8fdff561f41264f07c34bc333fb324a.jpg

a8a7948a0ed8ef3684f87ba9ab642d4d.jpg

5104392d29eae681b7b6e76cc9e5c53b.jpg

2279a270d07eb804a9cc4a1c45549aca.jpg

db54f0b07c42d860b16b3f99fc8ac26f.jpg

So I took your advice and bought a Met Duo light. On the positive side they are super-light, and can be cut down. But I wish they were a little brighter (or even a lot brighter)
b8fdff561f41264f07c34bc333fb324a.jpg

a8a7948a0ed8ef3684f87ba9ab642d4d.jpg

5104392d29eae681b7b6e76cc9e5c53b.jpg

2279a270d07eb804a9cc4a1c45549aca.jpg

db54f0b07c42d860b16b3f99fc8ac26f.jpg
Well done. That looks totally badass. It reminds me of the nasty drones in Terminator.

Sorry I'm not up to speed. Are the strobes to help keep visual of the drone / enhance vids-pics (not sure how) / cool factor?

I have 4 STROBON strobes (white CREE for front and back, and standard red for port, green for starboard) for evening/night. They're small, light, rechargeable, and can be stuck on with Velcro. Great for determining orientation in evening.

I use Strobon standalone Strobes. They weigh 4g, cost pennies (£16.99/$22USD/$31AUD + shipping) and need a small patch of 3M Dual Lock cut down to attach to the drone. They are fully FAA/CAA compliant (3 mile visibility at night) BUT are not very useful during a bright sunny day. They come in various colours. I am in no way connected with the company.

Strobon Cree Standalone LED Strobe

More info on these can be found at this page in the forum: STROBON Cree® LED Strobe Lights (they will be cheaper to buy from this link if you live in USA)

I wanted to get a strobe light for my mavic air, but they are not that easy to find where I live so I improvised.

I bought the cheapest bike LED light I could find, and attached it to the battery with some 3M velcro.

It adds 37g to the drone, uses 2x AAA batteries, and is as bright as hell.

The gimble camera is not adversely affected by the red/white blinking light at all.

I haven't tried it outside yet. Any thoughts?
Neither. This idea resides on the right side of the bell curve....<;^)

D

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bullet_magnet