DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Purposeful horizon tilt??? Is it possible

ciriguaya

Reactions
Hello everyone,

I am about to buy a mavic pro. And wile I love all the footage shot with it I was wondering if there is any chance to tilt the horizon wile flying as an artistic element for the footage. I read a lot about people complain of horizontal tilt problems but that not what I'm talking about. I want to tilt it on purpose for specific shots. As I read that the mavic pro is able to roll the camera into portrait mode I thought that might be a setting to take advantage of but I don't know if one can fine tune these rotations and also don't know if that just works in one direction or maybe both.

Would be really nice to hear if anybody has tried this, knows if there is a official way or a hack...

Looking forward to ur responds ;)

Yes you can adjust it in flight, you can also fly it with the camera FPV mode where it rolls with the drone instead of leveling the horizon.

Reactions: mp_jhdd
That good news! So how would one do that in flight is it through settings or is there a dedicated control on the rc?

That good news! So how would one do that in flight is it through settings or is there a dedicated control on the rc?

Yep there's a setting in the app which would bring up the gimbal roll window on the the main screen where you can change the gimbal roll and immediately see the results.

Yep there's a setting in the app which would bring up the gimbal roll window on the the main screen where you can change the gimbal roll and immediately see the results.

thanks for the quick answer. so weird not many people use it. Would be much more dynamic

Yes you can adjust it in flight, you can also fly it with the camera FPV mode where it rolls with the drone instead of leveling the horizon.

can you explain how to set that? so basically it semi-locks the gimbal?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jamoke