DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Question about Costco Deal

canadiandrone

Reactions
Hi all, looking at buying the Mavic Pro bundle from Costco.com. They want $999.99 for the drone. Whats everyone's thoughts on that price? As well, Is an I pad compatible with this drone? Not sure how it would connect up. Please educate me guys. Thanks!

Reactions: NinjaNut
Hi all, looking at buying the Mavic Pro bundle from Costco.com. They want $999.99 for the drone. Whats everyone's thoughts on that price? As well, Is an I pad compatible with this drone? Not sure how it would connect up. Please educate me guys. Thanks!
When you say bundle I'm guessing it's the basic package; drone, controller, one battery and charger, and a few odd cables, you'll still need a cellphone or iPad to see what the camera sees, but it's the standard package.
They're probably going to be blowing out the pro in order to make room for the platinum, so it's not bad........however, in my local BJ's yesterday they were giving an "instant" coupon for $80.00 off, or $920.00 for the same package.

Hope this helps.

Jake

Reactions: fiftiesnut
Gosh, you all had me excited for a minute. Looks like this is the Aerial Camera Bundle, without extra batteries but comes with the DJI case. Might be a good deal if that's what you're looking for.

Reactions: Likeitmore
this is the description of what Costco is giving..
DJI Mavic Pro Aerial Camera Bundle
Item #1125659

Member Only Item

Shipping & Handling: $0.00*

Features:
  • Includes Aerial Camera, Controller, Battery Charger, 16GB MicroSD Card, Backpack and Propeller Guards
  • Fly at Up to 40mph or For as Long as 27 Minutes
  • 4K Ultra HD Video at 30fps
  • Auto Take Off/Hover/Land
  • Object Avoidance - SkyAutonomy Technology to Sense Obstacles Up to 49ft Away
imageService

Reactions: phantomi
So, the Costco bundle is the regular Mavic Pro package with the addition of the DJI Shoulder Bag ($79) and Prop Guards ($15). That's a good value if you're going to use those items.

It's pretty typical of Costco-style bundling. They sell products with a couple offerings that are not available as a bundle elsewhere -- in this case, the prop guards and the backpack.

I don't know anybody that uses the prop guards, but I suppose if you were flying indoors a lot you might want them. I have the bag, and don't use it -- my Mavic goes in my regular camera bag with all my other photo gear. The DJI bag is nice enough, but not that useful to me.

Reactions: fiftiesnut
So, if you were to fly this model straight up, how much altitude would you get out of a stock model?

500 meters from take off is max . Be aware of FAA guidelines of 400 feet etc...

I have an I Pad, I suppose I need to buy an adapter, to use it?
As well, after app install, do I need wifi or cell signal. Looking to use on some very remote areas with no wifi or cell towers. Will this still work?

It's designed to use with your phone, not your iPad. There are third party iPad holders, but you will sacrifice some portability to use them.

Keep in mind that just because you own it you cant just fly it as high as you want, legally. In Canada you are height restricted to 90 metres. There are many other restrictions as well. All a quick Google search away. That might be a good place to start before you make a buying decision.

I have an I Pad, I suppose I need to buy an adapter, to use it?
You only need a Lightning cable to connect your iPad to the Mavic remote controller. If you need a shorter cable, I have a list of commonly used Lightning cables here.

Reactions: macusers
The Costco return policy can't be beat. That's about the only thing about the deal that would sway me if I were shopping for a Mavic right now.

It's designed to use with your phone, not your iPad. There are third party iPad holders, but you will sacrifice some portability to use them.

Keep in mind that just because you own it you cant just fly it as high as you want, legally. In Canada you are height restricted to 90 metres. There are many other restrictions as well. All a quick Google search away. That might be a good place to start before you make a buying decision.
An IPad mini will fit in the controller without any extra accessories. It will fit in the same slots as a phone. I have an IPad mini 4 that i use.

Reactions: Trevor55
As long as the iPad has the lightning connector rather than the earlier connector it will work. I used to sometimes fly with my ipad on a table (or just a rock) cabled to the remote.

It sounds like you don’t know much about the Mavic. Don’t rush into it, read up about it first. But the bottom line is that it is a fantastic camera drone that folds up small enough to take trekking.

An IPad mini will fit in the controller without any extra accessories. It will fit in the same slots as a phone. I have an IPad mini 4 that i use.
Wow, I'm surprised it fits. Must be a tight squeeze.

In any case, the beauty of the Mavic for me is it's portability. Since I'm already carrying a phone anyways, it's one less thing to carry.

Can you post a pics of your RC w/ Mini 4 connected?
Thinking of getting 1 myself.....thnx.

I like the bag. I haven’t even thought of the prop protectors, but if you were flying inside I’d buy them

Looks like a deal

Reactions: rotor
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
valter123