DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Question about Mavic 2 range

thimotheeyy

Reactions
Hi all,

Don't know if this is the right place for this question but i'll find out soon i guess.

Estimated range should be around 4km with Occusync 2.0 right?
Not that i say that it must have a range of 4km but halve of it (2km) should be do-able right?

Every time when i fly away and something like a building or trees come between the drone and the controller i lose my signal or it gets very weak. This already happens between 100 and 500 meters.
Is this normal?
Is there something to do about it?

Thank you in advance!

Hi all,

Don't know if this is the right place for this question but i'll find out soon i guess.

Estimated range should be around 4km with Occusync 2.0 right?
Not that i say that it must have a range of 4km but halve of it (2km) should be do-able right?

Every time when i fly away and something like a building or trees come between the drone and the controller i lose my signal or it gets very weak. This already happens between 100 and 500 meters.
Is this normal?
Is there something to do about it?

Thank you in advance!
DJI's manual for the Mavic 2 Pro quotes 'Max Transmission Distance' (unobstructed, free of interference) of 8,000 metres FCC mode, and 5,000 metres for CE, SRRC & MIC modes.
A building will definitely block RF transmission, and trees will too - especially when wet!
Note that it is highly advisable (and in a lot of places - the Law), to keep your Drone in visual line of sight (VLOS) ...

With both my P3A and M2Z, I get about 1/2 mile to a mile by my house. I'm sure that's due to 2.4/5 Ghz band congestion. That and not flying a full 400ft high.

However with my P3A, I was able to get out more than a mile towards the gulf from a park facing the gulf.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frostseb