DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Question about the Mavic and using it...

Should I get a tablet for the Mavic or is the phone sufficient for aerial videography

• Get a tablet

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Just use your phone

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It doesn't really matter

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • ...Some kind of middle ground that OP is unaware of

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

j1nnn

Reactions
I don't actually own my mavic yet (in the process of upgrading for travel reasons) and I am curious to query you guys about something.

My intentions are to film aerial shots of travel events which I currently do with my Phantom but it's a huge hassle to lug around and actually give it the space it needs to travel. I always feel horrible about putting it in the PolarPro Dronetrekker I have for some reason lol. It's like putting a small dog in a kennel to travel with.

My question: Do you think getting/using a tablet for the mavic (like maybe getting the attachment thats lets you put a tablet basically in front of the controller) as much of a QOL improvement as it was for the Phantom series? I can imagine a world where the hassle of carrying around a tablet (keeping it charged, updated, etc) might not be worth it for the mavic.

What are your thoughts?

Do you think getting/using a tablet for the mavic (like maybe getting the attachment thats lets you put a tablet basically in front of the controller) as much of a QOL improvement as it was for the Phantom series?
Fly your Phantom with your phone and see how you like it. The experience will be exactly the same when using your phone with a Mavic.

Reactions: j1nnn
Snagged a iPad mini 4 128gb during the Best Buy Memorial Day sale. Love it! Everything Ive read says the iPad mini 2-4 is the way to go.

Was also a good excuse to upgrade from my first gen iPad mini. Walmart sells virtually brand new refurb mini4 32gb for $260

Snagged a iPad mini 4 128gb during the Best Buy Memorial Day sale. Love it! Everything Ive read says the iPad mini 2-4 is the way to go.

Was also a good excuse to upgrade from my first gen iPad mini. Walmart sells virtually brand new refurb mini4 32gb for $260

Does that mini iPad fit between the controller or do you need the tablet attachment? Sorry if that's dumb lol, I have no idea how big the controller arm things extend.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
erhard