DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Question about traveling to Dominican Republic and Mexico.

sida555

Reactions
Hey guys, I am new to the forums. I am planning a trip to the Punta cana DR and Cancun Mexico later this year. I think Mexico is a no go for the drones since december 2018 and I was wondering if anyone knows about DR? how to obtain permission.

Cheers.

Check these out they state their info is true as of Fall 2018;
The second site, via the paid version has this:

New Regulations for Drone Operations in Mexico
Multiple Mexican publications have stated that drone operators will be required to obtain a license in order to fly a drone in Mexico, and that these regulations will go into effect on Dec. 1, 2018. However, the DGCA has not yet shared information on how to obtain a license. We will update this page when the information becomes available. What we’ve gathered for now is that in order to obtain a drone license in Mexico you must:
  • Be at least 18 years old
  • Be Mexican by birth
  • Provide your military release card
  • Have a high school diploma
  • Be in good health
For more information on Mexico’s drone laws, see this document containing legislation issued by the Mexican government. You may need to translate.

Also I hope some folks with experience will chime in as I have not taken a drone into Mexico and many times the local officers may “interpret”
Hope this helps.

I was in Mexico in January ‘19. First time travel with the drone. Didn’t want to travel with Mavic 2 $$$ so I took the Spark$. Had no problems at all. You should read country drome policy. Some of the most crowded tourist places like Chichen Itza and Coba have No Drone Zone warnings(some people still fly there) but everywhere else you’ll be fine in Mexico. Enjoy your trip!
ba810ae9e48b1a3e7d29d7282e824e13.jpg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom