DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Question about traveling with Mavic

msweet168

Reactions
Hello! So I have an original Mavic Pro. I am thinking about taking it to Europe from the US. I know that Europe operates under CE and the US operates under FCC. My question is, if I fly the drone in Europe will it automatically switch to CE. The more important question is, when I take it back to the US, will it automatically switch back to FCC? I know that range is more limited under CE so it would stink if the drone got stuck in CE mode and would not switch out when I came back to the US. Does anyone have experience with this? Thanks!

It will give you the option to acknowledge your change of location, but you can always select ‘Cancel’ when it offers to change to CE, hence stay in FCC. This is assuming it checks in the same way that the Mavic Air does.

I just returned from Southampton, Iceland and Ireland back to Florida. Never saw any info saying that the mode had changed and never experienced any effect from a change if it even took place.

Just make Shure you carry your batteries in your carry on...don't check them! And be Shure you drain them to 3.80v. Thats when they are most stable. If anyone asked you about them, tell them that they are not fully charged and they are at a resting state.

It will give you the option to acknowledge your change of location, but you can always select ‘Cancel’ when it offers to change to CE, hence stay in FCC. This is assuming it checks in the same way that the Mavic Air does.
It will all happen automatically without notifying you.

And be sure you drain them to 3.80v. Thats when they are most stable. If anyone asked you about them, tell them that they are not fully charged and they are at a resting state.
No-one has ever been asked about the charge level of their batteries at an airport and no airline makes any mention of this in the Lithium Batteries section of their website.
Travel with the batteries at whatever charge level you like.

Last edited:
Reactions: gnirtS
That's how it happens in other DJI aircraft
I dont understand how the FCC hack works then. Every time I start up my MA in a CE (UK) location, it detects that it’s not in an FCC governed area and prompts me to change region, which I don’t by selecting Cancel. Why is this any different from travelling from one region to another???

I’m confused!!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParKOR