DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Question for Veteran Flyers

ace5112

Reactions
Do you turn on screen recording on your mobile devices connected to the drone every time you fly in case something goes wrong. I know flight data is being recorded to the mobile device but is it a good idea to take the extra step to start the screen recording?

dont see the need for it myself ,but if its what you want to do no worries

You could, instead, independently use a GoPro or DJI Action camera mounted on your cap or chest to record the screen, without any impact on performance.

You can also cache video recording in 720p to your device, while simultaneously recording to the microSD card, in case the drone is not recovered. That may have some impact on performance, but not nearly as much as screen recording, and you'll have better quality video, in case something happens.

Last edited:
Reactions: Motorcycle Rider
I only use screen recording when i want to use the video in footage for some reason or if im trying to capture an issue. With that being said i turn it on if i remember it, worked fine with my old S8 and works well with my s20 now.

Reactions: Motorcycle Rider
Since upgrading from a Spark and more importantly a faster phone (Samsung Galaxy A71), I can now record without adversely affecting the FLY app. Besides what others have said, it's nice to have in case something goes wrong, I also like it as a debriefer to determine what skills I need to improve upon.

Do you turn on screen recording on your mobile devices connected to the drone every time you fly in case something goes wrong. I know flight data is being recorded to the mobile device but is it a good idea to take the extra step to start the screen recording?
No I do not.

If you’re doing a range test, I’d suggest screen recording instead of recording from the drones camera because the drone camera would affect battery life.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
I don’t use screen recording. It contains no information not available in the DJI logs, and steals horsepower from the phone or tablet in flying the ac.

I don't use it.

I use it all the time with my galaxy note 9 and galaxy tab s6. Just in case... ??
No performance problems at all.

I use it from time to time. It can be a valuable tool for some applications. Recording the Telemetry an be helpful because of the position information and signal strength.

Neither. This is the best way to experiment app crashes because of resource demand.

Every once in a while I will. It's usually only when I want to embed the screen recording into the video I'm making. If you're using the right device as a screen it's no issue at all.

I use it ... once you have a flyaway, or crash, and have to deal with DJI customer support afterwards you realize that it is always good to screen record and have the extra onscreen statistics to review afterwards aside from the flight logs. I record, and then delete once the flight is complete.

Reactions: Bob1956
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SK farming