DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Question on the Mavic Pro Controller

Mavic_Pete

Reactions
Hello,

Quick question on the Mavic remote controller. What is the recommended battery % to store the controller after flying? After using my mavic batteries I charged them up to 2 solid lights and 1 blinking (so assuming around 50-60%) for storage. I have read this is the best way to get the most out of your batteries in the manual. Is this the case with the RC as well? I could not find this info for the RC. I was at about 60% on my RC after flying so I went ahead and charged it back up to 100% and put it in the case until next use. Is this bad for the RC battery or is it ok to store it at 100%? Thanks in advance for the advice!

Mavci specs has some good info on all the relative drone, controller, and battery type data, EXCEPT for battery type in the controller.
The drone battery in LiPo of course, as mentioned here . . . Mavic Specs Tutorial

Because they spec the battery type for the drone, but not the controller, I'd guess the controller has a more regular lithium battery in it.
I'd also suggest this could be correct because there is nothing mentioned (AFAIK) in any of the DJI specs about limits with the controller battery, or specific special instructions for storage etc, like the drone LiPo batteries.

Hopefully someone in the know at DJI can confirm what the situation is.

Reactions: fiftiesnut
Hello,

Quick question on the Mavic remote controller. What is the recommended battery % to store the controller after flying? After using my mavic batteries I charged them up to 2 solid lights and 1 blinking (so assuming around 50-60%) for storage. I have read this is the best way to get the most out of your batteries in the manual. Is this the case with the RC as well? I could not find this info for the RC. I was at about 60% on my RC after flying so I went ahead and charged it back up to 100% and put it in the case until next use. Is this bad for the RC battery or is it ok to store it at 100%? Thanks in advance for the advice!
mavic Pete

You're spot on there. I always store mine at bit less.... Around 35 to 40%. As the controller uses a Li-ION pack as well, I'd say the same shud be done with the controller. To be honest mine hasn't had much time to be stored. It's been active alot

Well, I just grabbed my controller, and sure enough the info is printed right on there !!
It is a LiPo battery like the drone batteries, so guess the store at around 50% is best practice !!
If that isn't in the manual, it should be !!

Yeah I noticed this to. Just surprised it doesn't say anything about the controller in the manual like it does for the drone batteries. Guess I will just not charge the controller until the night before my flights from now on!

Yes it was charging fine and I was charging through Mavic battery charger USB Cord Tried 2 cords nothing Drone was working fine last time I used it now it wont connect

Did anything notable happen between now and the last time your remote controller charging (e.g. did you drop it?)? Does your remote controller power on and operate as expected otherwise?

No I didn't drop it was working fine when I last used it when I went to use it today it wouldn't connect to GPS but controller was working fine just couldn't see on my I Pad as it wouldn't connect now Battery has gone flat and wont charge

What happens when you plug the remote controller into the USB port on a computer? That'll at least rule out the charger as the problem.

I plugged in to wall charger nothing happened ill plug it in to apple computer see what happens back shortly

If you're sure your USB cable is good, then you should contact DJI Support for help.

Thankyou for your help ill buy a new USB Cable first to make sure then ill contact DJI Thanks again

can you tell me why my drone wouldn't connect to GPS
That's likely being caused by one of the following:

1) DJI GO is not connected to your Mavic
2) Your indoors or in a location where the sky is blocked
3) The GPS receiver is disconnected inside of your Mavic

SAME THING LAST TIME I USED IT WAS FINE How do I connect GPS receiver in Mavic it was a bit overcast out side but not heavy

How do I connect GPS receiver in Mavic
You would have to open your Mavic. I don't recommend you try such a thing unless you're pretty sure it's likely to be the cause of the problem.

Reactions: johntaylor54
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan