DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Question regarding controller battery storage

4real

Reactions
So I have a mavic 2 pro, and have a question is it okay to have the controller battery charged to 80-90% when storing it for a week or two (waiting for better weather to fly)

Have been doing it since the MP first came out and not had any issues myself .It discharges itself .
I'm bad to let mine sit for several days like that ,grab the case and go only to get where I am going to not have fully charged batteries or TX but thats my bad as I know better.
I do try and keep mine full at all times as I never know when I will need to take off.
Sure some will say differently I'm just going by having a MP & M2P since they came out .

My assumption is that the RC battery is a Li-Ion rather than a Li-Po, but there are some indications it might actually be an embedded Li-Po. Maybe @Thunderdrones can confirm as that has implications for where the RC can be packed when flying (I've not checked mine yet, but have considered it!)

Either way, anywhere in the 50-90% range is going to be fine for relatively short term storage like a couple of weeks. If it is a Li-Po then I'd expect it to self-discharge to a storage level, like the aircraft batteries do, as well. For longer term storage (e.g. winter months) you ideally want to periodically top up the charge to around 75% but, even then, only every 6-8 weeks would be fine.

Just remember to charge it back to 100% before you take the M2P out for a flight! You just *know* you're going to have great conditions whenever you forget to do that, right?

Reactions: kilomikebravo
Reactions: Dragonfly
is it okay to have the controller battery charged to 80-90% when storing it for a week or two
I've been doing this for years with many DJI remote controllers. None of the batteries have been damaged yet.

Reactions: kilomikebravo
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan