DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Questionable or inappropriate adverts?

But that would report the post and I do not think they are related to an individual post.
That is why I asked if they were in a post or on the side. I think you see now, what's going on with the ads

The forum has no control what ads your browser sends. Google and others sell your personal information to the world, charging the advertisers for the access. This is the issues around data privacy.

The forum has no control what ads your browser sends
True. But, the forum could limit the categories of ads Google is allowed to display or remove ads all together. The latter can be easily achieved by purchasing a Premium Pilot membership.

Google and others sell your personal information to the world, charging the advertisers for the access. This is the issues around data privacy.
I don't know that Google is selling personal information in this case. They are using personal information to personalize the ads though.

Google and others sell your personal information to the world
What about Duck Duck Go? Dumb name, great concept (privacy!) - IF it really works and there are no other drawbacks.

Been thinking lately about trying it.

Reactions: Cymruflyer
Easy fix, if the ads offend you join the premium pilot option and its ad free! Also get access a couple additional forums, more benefits listed here:

Also get one of these cool things on your profile:
1674932738246.png

I am beginning to wonder about the adverts in the forum. Women in underwear etc. one for Alibaba is showing something that looks phallic, are these appropriate to a forum about drones? Or is this something on this compute
I am beginning to wonder about the adverts in the forum. Women in underwear etc. one for Alibaba is showing something that looks phallic, are these appropriate to a forum about drones? Or is this something on this computer?
I don't think MAvicPilots has direct control over what goes into the Ad panel other than to provide a general category.

That's correct. As mentioned above, their options are to either filter out some categories or completely remove all ads. The latter is already an option. And if filtering out categories, there is no guarantee members still won't see unwanted ads.

Honestly, it's pretty binary.

You need to go to your (Google/Chrome, Microsoft/Edge, Samsung or Lg, etc) Account settings and UNcheck the option to have "search supported ads" show up during your online browsing.

It ALL starts with your online account and NOTHING to do with individual sites that you surf online. When you first activated your phone or whatever, you just opted in and accepted every option available without reading what you were agreeing to.

Have no fear, however. You can go right back into your account settings and adjust this. My advice would be to do this on the pc or make sure you're using the desktop option while on a mobile device since some settings are not available on a mobile browser.

And just for the record, you won't see X-rated ads unless you actually have searched for them in the past. Thats how it works.

Honestly, it's pretty binary.

You need to go to your (Google/Chrome, Microsoft/Edge, Samsung or Lg, etc) Account settings and UNcheck the option to have "search supported ads" show up during your online browsing.
And at that point, you're going to start seeing random ads. Again, likely some you don't want to see.

Reactions: Bob in Savannah
Correct. However, they will NOT be x-rated.
I've never seen an x-rated Google AdSense ad. I suppose some people have different definitions of x-rated though.

zoom in 😁

Attachments

• C1FC70F1-2633-4B65-8DBD-45A37356C46F.png
    C1FC70F1-2633-4B65-8DBD-45A37356C46F.png
    3 MB · Views: 15
Umm.. Thats YOUR personal search history ads showing up, maybe? Im not sure... I dont search those sites.. What browser? Or the app? Which I dont use

I haven't seen ANYTHING like you mention.

I'm on Chrome on a PC and a Samsung browser when on mobile.
No, these ads are not targeted from someone's private searching history. I can assure you, happily married with two young children, I'm not searching such places, but I too see the tight T-shirt on women ads as well as others mentioned on the side bar and sometimes fitted in between posts or at the bottom.

They are just what Google must be allowing to come through. Some are worse than others. The tight T-shirt ads I view in the same way I look at Australia or Hong Kong etc., someplace that I would love to explore, however, I'm never likely to be going there!

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carlos22