DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Questionable or inappropriate adverts?

Yorkshire_Pud

Reactions
I am beginning to wonder about the adverts in the forum. Women in underwear etc. one for Alibaba is showing something that looks phallic, are these appropriate to a forum about drones? Or is this something on this computer?

Reactions: Wildenio
I am beginning to wonder about the adverts in the forum. Women in underwear etc. one for Alibaba is showing something that looks phallic, are these appropriate to a forum about drones? Or is this something on this computer?
Can you point us to them? Or, you can report the post directly beneath the posts

Reactions: NG Wildman
I have not seen them.

Reactions: GFields
Being a Premium Pilot, I don't see ads, but if they are in a post I can take care of them.

Women in underwear etc. one for Alibaba is showing something that looks phallic, are these appropriate to a forum about drones? Or is this something on this computer?
Are you referring to the Google AdSense ads? For example:

1674433659075.png

Msinger that looks sort of familiar but I also see them in the column to the right of the forum list, though the Alibaba one has disappeared, that was the one that prompted the thread.

Reactions: GFields
Umm.. Thats YOUR personal search history ads showing up, maybe? Im not sure... I dont search those sites.. What browser? Or the app? Which I dont use

I haven't seen ANYTHING like you mention.

I'm on Chrome on a PC and a Samsung browser when on mobile.

Some of those ads on the right are Google AdSense ads too.

Google tries to show ads based on your personal browsing history. It's not perfect though.

I use an adblocker extension for chrome to remove ads. Then I use the custom block feature in the extension to select which ads specifically I want to remove additionally.

Google ads that appear on the bottom are tied to your search history and interests, so... For example now that I'm on phone without adblocker, it shows me ads of places nearby.

Not blowing my cover etc. lol, no interest in women's underwear or 'toys'. I do occasionally get 'odd' links showing up in search. If it is something coming from googles, why is it limited to this site?

Ok so how do I clear out any history? I did clear out all cookies last week, can't remember why. MacBook and safari.

Reactions: Bob in Savannah
Ok so how do I clear out any history? I did clear out all cookies last week, can't remember why. MacBook and safari.
I don't think that's going to help. @clackey probably needs to tweak his Google AdSense settings as described here. And even then, there's no guarantee you still won't sometimes see ads you don't like.

Trouble with reporting, is not much can be done by mods or admin . . . the ads aren't seen by anyone else for them to see, and most likely you click the same post even immediately after leaving the page, and the reloaded page ads change again.

I only know this from history, and well, not sure really, just knowing how it works somehow.
These browsers, search engines, and sites like facebook etc, really have so much control to show what they want to users.
I too have used Chrome and no ads since 'forever', even before becoming Premium.

Not sure if going Premium Pilots actually does block as sense type browser generated ads, just the ones the forum might choose to allow through ?
Clackey can probably clarify.

Not blowing my cover etc. lol, no interest in women's underwear or 'toys'. I do occasionally get 'odd' links showing up in search. If it is something coming from googles, why is it limited to this site?

Haha I'm just ribbing you. I 100% understand.
I get all kinds of crazy stuff all the time. The phone calls I'm getting are about to drive me bonkers. I just hang up if they don't answer after two "hellos."
It is what it is. You can always dump your cache on a phone and just wipe history on a pc.

Here is how to clear out your chrome history. Other browsers would be similar...

Good luck.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan