DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Do you prefer hard shell case or soft sided case?

• Hard shell

Votes: 42 37.5%
  • Soft sided

Votes: 31 27.7%
  • Depends on where I'm going

Votes: 39 34.8%

• Total voters
I ultimately went with the Hermitshell cases (via Amazon). The plan for my MP is to shoot overhead shots when out sightseeing and as such it will join all the other kit I tend to bring with me on excursions, to include my DSLR, small med kit, rations, etc. Here, my entire MP loadout fits in the smaller of the two packs I tend to roll with.

5070fe3551aae224e2767482cd76627e.jpg

This is the exact same case I have ordered along with a light weight backpack for mountain trips.

Is there a place for a full size (9.7" iPad)?
Not sure as I don't have one to check sorry

But it might fit laying flat where my CS screen is ??

5ef2421e79a93593f9d5fb57769d38b0.jpg

I like my Go Professional Case (GPC). It's great for car trips when you have passengers tossing stuff in the car. I'll use a soft case when I get to my destination and have to travel by foot.

Mostly I use a small back pack that has lots of pockets for extra batteries. Since I am flying in rocky hills, I need to be prepared for a hike to retrieve my crashed mavic. This way I can carry the back pack with the rescued drone and have my hands free for climbing.

Reactions: dewster
I ultimately went with the Hermitshell cases (via Amazon). The plan for my MP is to shoot overhead shots when out sightseeing and as such it will join all the other kit I tend to bring with me on excursions, to include my DSLR, small med kit, rations, etc. Here, my entire MP loadout fits in the smaller of the two packs I tend to roll with.

5070fe3551aae224e2767482cd76627e.jpg

Nice hard shells. Where did you buy them?

Reactions: Genzeka
This: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B013MC8H2A
Lowepro Slingshot Edge 250 AW
(That's about as quick an opinion as I could manage. Holds absolutely everything but the goggles.)

I subscribed to your YouTube channel long ago and follow your new vids as they appear; nice work. Fun to follow from the "Oh boy, my Mavic's here!" days forward.
Can you at least shoot us a first name so we don't have to keep wondering why your parents named you "51"?
I'm Jim, by the way.

Last edited:
I wanted to go with the smallest hard case I could get my flight kit into for air travel since I carry this it on. Fits MP, 2 batteries, controller + extra props and memory cards (under controller). Almost every time I travel with it another passenger will ask what's in the case. I used to say it was a drone... big mistake, I once had a flight attendant ask a bunch of questions about the batteries and if it was allowed on the plane. Basically, she was thinking of enforcing rules that she clearly didn't understand. These lypos are well under the size allowed for carry on, but you can't really have a conversation about mAh and battery capacity with a flight attendant. Now if anybody asks I tell them 'unless I can verify your security clearance, I can't disclose what's in the case'. I get left alone. I have never had an issue getting it though security in the US, Europe or Asia.
IMG_2686c.jpgIMG_2691c.jpg

Reactions: mfc
I wanted to go with the smallest hard case I could get my flight kit into for air travel since I carry this it on. Fits MP, 2 batteries, controller + extra props and memory cards (under controller). Almost every time I travel with it another passenger will ask what's in the case. I used to say it was a drone... big mistake, I once had a flight attendant ask a bunch of questions about the batteries and if it was allowed on the plane. Basically, she was thinking of enforcing rules that she clearly didn't understand. These lypos are well under the size allowed for carry on, but you can't really have a conversation about mAh and battery capacity with a flight attendant. Now if anybody asks I tell them 'unless I can verify your security clearance, I can't disclose what's in the case'. I get left alone. I have never had an issue getting it though security in the US, Europe or Asia.
View attachment 24335View attachment 24336

Another reply that might work would be "it's my camera". A true answer, and will bore most people enough to not pursue the matter further...

Reactions: looper222
Another reply that might work would be "it's my camera". A true answer, and will bore most people enough to not pursue the matter further...
An excellent response. It's no crime to leave off "flying robot...." from "flying robot camera".

Reactions: looper222 and mfc
So I just realized that my SKB case had a slot for the Crystal Sky 5.5 inch monitor. Hmm..

...I really dig the little individual soft/hard cases for fitting in with a bunch of other gear in a suitcase or larger backpack, but also totally love this small, rugged little backpack from Microraptor Pro Cases:
mav-pack-outside.jpgmav-pack-inside.jpg
...light, small and easy to carry - can hold everything you need to fly in really nice dense foam cutouts with up to 5 batteries and still have a good deal of room for some food/clothes/whatever in the exterior pouches for just over a C-note!

...amazon link: https://www.amazon.com/Microraptor-...?srs=9953444011&ie=UTF8&qid=1509870069&sr=8-4

96280f1fa6b4da320d3e85088650d32a.jpg

This is my goto setup. I also have the MicroRaptor pack for those extended weekend trips [emoji106]

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goadreams