DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Quick shot 3 options don't appear

Hiflyer808

Reactions
I have latest android version of dji go app, and latest firmware. Quick shot appears in the intelligent flight modes menu, but when I draw the active track box around myself and hit "go", the 3-2-1 countdown happens but then the flight doesn't start. The mavic just hovers. Also, the three options for dronie, helix and rocket don't appear in the lower right corner. Perhaps i need to choose an option for this to work, but all i see in the lower left corner is the map. Maybe the options are hidden behind it but I don't know how to remove it or move it. Please help!

Reactions: Krisrtnz
Did you enable 'Multiple Flight Modes' in the DJI Go 4 App. You will find this in the menus Accessed by tapping on the 3 dots on the top right of the App.

I have latest android version of dji go app, and latest firmware. Quick shot appears in the intelligent flight modes menu, but when I draw the active track box around myself and hit "go", the 3-2-1 countdown happens but then the flight doesn't start. Also, the three options for dronie, helix and rocket don't appear in the lower right corner.
The count down only starts once one of the 3 modes has been selected. Also, they are in the left left corner. So if you are selecting the subject and getting the countdown, you have already selected one of the flight modes.

Are you sure that you have both the latest Go app _and_ firmware installed? Can you post a video showing your use of this mode?

Have you enabled 'Multiple Flight modes' in the DJI Go4 app. This option is in one of the menus which are accessed by tapping on the 3 dots in the top right corner of the screen.

To post a video of what happens I'll have to figure out how to film my screen. Once I learn that I'll post a video.
Re multiple flight modes being enabled, if it were not enabled I thought I wouldn't get the flight modes menu at all. I do get that menu, with options such as tripod and tap to fly, and quick shots. It's just that when I choose quick shots the further options of helix, etc do not appear. I will double-check that multiple flight modes are enabled.
Re versions, dji go is 4.1.10 I believe. Maybe the controller needs updating, or the mavic, but I did go through the firmware update when I got the latest version of the app. Perhaps i should use dji assistant to update, rather than the app?

Ok, problem solved, firmware was not matching. Too bad you can't start the dronie from closer. The rocket mode is almost two modes in one because if you start from well in front of the subject instead of above, the first part of the shot is going up while gradually tilting down more; I actually like that part more.

Ok, problem solved, firmware was not matching. Too bad you can't start the dronie from closer. The rocket mode is almost two modes in one because if you start from well in front of the subject instead of above, the first part of the shot is going up while gradually tilting down more; I actually like that part more.
I have the same problem how did you fix it

Well, I fly a Mavic Pro and I have the same issue using a Samsung Tablet. I am not in beginner mode. The GO 4 app is 4.3.2, which some say is not even available for Android.
I am not in sport mode.
I am NOT in sport mode.
I AM NOT IN SPORT MODE!
Sorry for the repetition, but at least 3 people always mention that in the postings. Once again, I am not in sport mode.
I have not upgraded my firmware because of all the horror stories associated with it that I have read on-line. I guess I will try that tonight after a word of prayer.
I suppose I will try to reinstall the app. It would be better if I had a clue as to which app to install. There is Go 4 for drones since P4 and there is Go 4. Of course, no hint as to which goes with what. Previously, I installed Go 4 for drones since P4.
My issue is the same as others mentioned here; Select Quick Shots, selected the subject, but no menu to select the flight mode ( i.e. Dronie).
The drone performs flawlessly (which is why I hesitate to upgrade ANYTHING). This is obviously a software issue and probably not a particularly complex one.
Any thoughts (other than sports mode) would be appreciated.

I'm looking in the Google Play store on my Motorola android phone although I actually use a Samsung tablet to fly the drone. It has the blue DJI icon and is entitle DJI GO 4--For drones since P4. It does report as 4.3.2. Unfortunately, I'm at work and the drone is at home, so I can't give the firmware versions at this point.

I had a similar problem, and found that I had the Mavic hovering too close to me when I selected the option. Moved it back and up and all OK then ... I'm not sure what they are - but there does seem to be a minimum distance and height that the drone needs to be at before it will let you do the Quick Shot.

I'm looking in the Google Play store on my Motorola android phone although I actually use a Samsung tablet to fly the drone. It has the blue DJI icon and is entitle DJI GO 4--For drones since P4. It does report as 4.3.2.
Yep, that's the one app.

I had a similar problem, and found that I had the Mavic hovering too close to me when I selected the option. Moved it back and up and all OK then ... I'm not sure what they are - but there does seem to be a minimum distance and height that the drone needs to be at before it will let you do the Quick Shot.
Thanks for that. We read about required distances and just to be sure, we backed it way out and way up. Still no help. But, again, thanks for the reply.

Yep, that's the one app.
Yes, when I actually go on into the ordering process, that seems to be the only GO-4 out there. The play store can be a little weird; it was just showing all kinds of things relating to what I typed in. That is the one and that's the one I have on my device.

Well, I fly a Mavic Pro and I have the same issue using a Samsung Tablet. I am not in beginner mode. The GO 4 app is 4.3.2, which some say is not even available for Android.
I am not in sport mode.
I am NOT in sport mode.
I AM NOT IN SPORT MODE!
Sorry for the repetition, but at least 3 people always mention that in the postings. Once again, I am not in sport mode.
I have not upgraded my firmware because of all the horror stories associated with it that I have read on-line. I guess I will try that tonight after a word of prayer.
I suppose I will try to reinstall the app. It would be better if I had a clue as to which app to install. There is Go 4 for drones since P4 and there is Go 4. Of course, no hint as to which goes with what. Previously, I installed Go 4 for drones since P4.
My issue is the same as others mentioned here; Select Quick Shots, selected the subject, but no menu to select the flight mode ( i.e. Dronie).
The drone performs flawlessly (which is why I hesitate to upgrade ANYTHING). This is obviously a software issue and probably not a particularly complex one.
Any thoughts (other than sports mode) would be appreciated.

Mine seemed fixed in the app update for Android. My options came up after selecting the target.
Select quickshot, drag box. Then menu comes up.

Well, I updated all my firmware last night, with no problems. Used the DJI Assistant and everything went fine. As soon as I get a chance (after work), I will test and see if the IF menu comes up. I would really like to have the "dronie" and "Rocket" shots. You can certainly do those shots manually, but the "dronie" would be a very challenging shot to get right.

Well, I updated all my firmware last night, with no problems. Used the DJI Assistant and everything went fine. As soon as I get a chance (after work), I will test and see if the IF menu comes up. I would really like to have the "dronie" and "Rocket" shots. You can certainly do those shots manually, but the "dronie" would be a very challenging shot to get right.
Don't forget to select what to quickshot.
1. Select quickshot
2. Select quickshot target by dragging box.
3. Menu pops up

Let us know if it's fixed for you too.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d