DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Q’s and A’s New Smart Controller

They certainly don't make it easy to figure out as the text mixes inches with metric!!!
Yes, it is confusing, either it is 1/4 inch or 4mm, the thread seems more like 1/4 inch. Is it possible to contact that vendor in Amazon and say for confirmation?

The thread size is 4mmx.7 pitch.
Just to see what other options were there, I ordered the sunnylife lanyard that comes with the eye bolts. The eyebolts themselves are so far out of dimension that I would not use them on something I own. You wouldn’t think that a minor difference like this would matter, but the sunnylife bolt is way too sloppy of a fit for me. The panhead screw that has the bigger dimension is just a standard hardware store screw that provides a good fit.9FD635D1-1A24-4616-B9CC-1CF62562D8F2.jpeg01858346-1846-4E0E-B015-37D61961785D.jpeg

Reactions: ff22 and RogerMav
Yes, it is confusing, either it is 1/4 inch or 4mm, the thread seems more like 1/4 inch. Is it possible to contact that vendor in Amazon and say for confirmation?

Good evening.

The thread ist called M4. The "M" means "metric" with a diameter of 4,0 mm. Its the common thread marking here in germany and in europe.

I used aluminum brakets ( i don't know, is braket the right word for this?) and stainles-steel screws, because i am a little worry because the compass.

1550702207993.png

Reactions: RogerMav
Newer version of the first one. The new ones are 1/2 inch diameter with a 1/4 inch hole. The bar style mount is the one I like more than the eyelets.View attachment 63562
bar mount seems to be nicest option (in my opinion). Neat and tidy and certainly robust enough
Nice work

Reactions: RogerMav and ff22
Good evening.

The thread ist called M4. The "M" means "metric" with a diameter of 4,0 mm. Its the common thread marking here in germany and in europe.

I used aluminum brakets ( i don't know, is braket the right word for this?) and stainles-steel screws, because i am a little worry because the compass.

View attachment 63567
Stainless steel has little if any magnetic properties. And certainly not the aluminum. Not anything to twist shorts about.

Reactions: ff22
Stainless steel has little if any magnetic properties. And certainly not the aluminum. Not anything to twist shorts about.

Yes, thats why i used it. I think it's a good idea to avoid ferrous metals as far as possible. Now i should find stainless steel keyrings.

Good evening.

View attachment 63567
This also looks very nice, I like it.

Reactions: Juergen64
bar mount seems to be nicest option (in my opinion). Neat and tidy and certainly robust enough
Nice work

Be careful with the bar mount, I think is covering a line of holes which according to the manual (not the info on their web page) correspond to microphone.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
floridafeeger