DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Random Warning "Flight Altitude exceeds 0 m. May violate local policies and regulations."

NOLADG

Reactions
I posted this in SparkPilots a couple of weeks ago, but didn't get a resolution. It happened to me yesterday on one flight out of five in the same area. Occasionally when I am flying my Spark or my Mavic Air using DJI GO 4, I am get a message that will pop up somewhat randomly saying, "Flight Altitude exceeds 0 m. May violate local policies and regulations. Ensure you have obtained proper airspace authorization."

I have checked Airmap, DJI maps and others. All show the area is in the green for each of the areas this has happened in. I have checked my local and state laws to see if there are any new laws that maybe DJI knows about and have found none. Additionally it has happened in two different states, and far away from any urban areas, airports, etc. that might create an issue.

What is strange too is the randomness that it pops up. Like one flight out of five in the same area or sometimes mid flight after being in the same spot prior without an the message.

Has anyone else had this warning?

Someone on SparkPilots thought I might have my Max Altitude set at 0 meters. But this is not the case.

I posted a previous flight in what I see as clear airspace at Airmap. As I returned near my starting position for the 4th time in this flight, the "0 m" message came up again at 10m 33.7s
DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com

Any thoughts?

I have had the same alert recently (last 2 weeks). I fly in the same area and as with you I may fly 4-5 times without the warning and then it pops up. I saw it for 2 consecutive flights yesterday and just ignored it as an unknown error. Airmap and B4U Fly did not show any advisories.IMG_4438.jpg

I am familiar with the A-381 Alert area and I looked for TFR and NOTAMs, but to me the focus is on the randomness of the message. I may fly and not get the message and stand in the same spot, switch batteries, take off and get the message. or visa versa. Or in the case of the example, the message was very much at the end of the a flight and as I was landing after passing that location for the fourth time.

I did notice one issue. It seems that I had a downlink issue with the message "Downlink Restored (after 0m 2.1s)" one half a second before the message. I am thinking my OTG cable is failing causing the issue. As it seemed to get worse loosing the connection from my Remote Control to my iPad until I replaced it. Now I have only seen the message once and I think my new cable might be getting bad as well.

@Brevanskc can you check and see if you might have a similar error message on your flight log.

I did not receive a Downlink Restored message. There were no temporary restrictions in the area, at least according to AirMap. It does seem odd. I have only been flying since September but over 100 flights and last week was the first time I saw the alert. The only thing that I can think of that is different in the past few weeks is a new battery that I am using but I don't see how that could make any difference. Now that this has happened a second time I would like to get this figured out.

Has anyone else had this warning?
Any thoughts?

Yes, I got this same warning for the first time recently while trying a new spot which I was hoping would be fine.
"Flight Altitude exceeds 0 m. May violate local policies and regulations. Ensure you have obtained proper airspace authorization."
It was not marked on Airmap and I saw no posted signs. However, I thought it may be due to proximity to unmarked special tidal zone or local infrastructure. Now I will check the sectional map! Its a bummer because I thought Id found nice spot to fly outside any prohibited park. I have only gotten the warning while attempting to launch in that one area.

I got this message seemingly at random my last couple of trips out as well. It happened maybe 2 out of 6 batteries all flown from the same location which I’d verified as clear to fly in. I’m leaning toward software bug. It seems similar to the new message that pops up when I get close to 400 ft. It may be related.

Software bug sounds probable I need my case. I live in a very rural area and with over 100 flights in the same location it makes me curious. Also, there were no other messages that accompanied this alert and I have not done an update of any kind. I am using an iPad mini 5 wifi only. What are you guys using?

Maybe you are just touching the airspace that runs from ground level to 2000'. It show's operation time of Sunrise to Sunset. From what I can tell, you are just a tiny smidge out of the area.

Attachments

• IMG_0008.PNG
    IMG_0008.PNG
    1.8 MB · Views: 21
  • IMG_0009.PNG
    IMG_0009.PNG
    777.3 KB · Views: 22
This one is zoomed right up. the dip in the river is in the zone under the green line. Above the dip shows out of the zone.

Attachments

• IMG_0010.PNG
    IMG_0010.PNG
    702.9 KB · Views: 18
Maybe you are just touching the airspace that runs from ground level to 2000'. It show's operation time of Sunrise to Sunset. From what I can tell, you are just a tiny smidge out of the area.
sar104 also had this idea about the Alert area: see my response above. I don't believe this is it as this alert area is HUGE! It extends from New Orleans to Houston and many of my flights are in it.

Jetdriver100 what app are you using for the airspace screenshots?

sar104 also had this idea about the Alert area: see my response above. I don't believe this is it as this alert area is HUGE! It extends from New Orleans to Houston and many of my flights are in it.

Jetdriver100 what app are you using for the airspace screenshots?

I have a couple I use. My Foreflight shows it so much better and from St. Joseph Plantation it is 0.2 nautical mile away from the zone. I should have shown that pic. But, you say you fly in the zone and don't have a problem.. I don't think you should have a problem as it is just an Alert Area.
Not a restricted airspace at all.
I have Foreflight. it's amazing but expensive .
I also have Flight Deck Pro. Jepp's .. the company pays for.
I think you can get a lot from FLTPlan.com too.

I have a couple I use. My Foreflight shows it so much better and from St. Joseph Plantation it is 0.2 nautical mile away from the zone. I should have shown that pic. But, you say you fly in the zone and don't have a problem.. I don't think you should have a problem as it is just an Alert Area.
Not a restricted airspace at all.
I have Foreflight. it's amazing but expensive .
I also have Flight Deck Pro. Jepp's .. the company pays for.
I think you can get a lot from FLTPlan.com too.

Your screen shots were not from Foreflight though.

I actually think you can use FOREFLIGHT for free and just highlight the airspace. it's pretty handy. I pay for it because of the VMC / IFR / approach plates etc. Here is a shot from foreflight showing some airspace. When you zoom in on it you can see every detail! Using Aerial map you have everything.

Attachments

• IMG_0011.PNG
    IMG_0011.PNG
    9.4 MB · Views: 25
Software bug sounds probable I need my case. I live in a very rural area and with over 100 flights in the same location it makes me curious. Also, there were no other messages that accompanied this alert and I have not done an update of any kind...
If those getting the message would post which software/firmware versions they are using, it might show that a particular release has the problem.

Another Fore flight. Shows how much detail you can get out of it and can actually measure your distance very easily placing 2 fingers on the app at the same time. IMG_0012.PNG

I actually think you can use FOREFLIGHT for free and just highlight the airspace. it's pretty handy. I pay for it because of the VMC / IFR / approach plates etc. Here is a shot from foreflight showing some airspace. When you zoom in on it you can see every detail! Using Aerial map you have everything.

Right - the screen shot that I put in post #2 is also from Foreflight. But I don't think Foreflight works without at least the basic subscription.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada