DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Range Extending

Does anyone know what the original settings are for a UK controller?

There's a Facebook group with the admin selling a version of the DJI app with the FCC hack embedded. There are lots of great reviews, in fact no negative. Also some good video evidence. Looks like it is doable and it does work.

There's a Facebook group with the admin selling a version of the DJI app with the FCC hack embedded. There are lots of great reviews, in fact no negative. Also some good video evidence. Looks like it is doable and it does work.

yes i am using this modified version which works fine for those who fly in ce mode ?but It´s only for IOS.

Last edited:
Why is there a CE model and an FCC model? This is rhetorical question which leads to the next question - Are these hacks illegal?
Increasing power out beyond legal limits, and possibly beyond design limitations can affect performance, cause interference, or at the least affect RF noisefloor in an area.
For example, CB radio in the US exploded in the 70’s. Transmitters were limited to 4 watts. It didn’t take long before mods and amplifiers were available. Then, and may still be the case, is that you almost ‘need’ the illegal mods just to get through all of the dirty transmissions. 40 AM channels was reduced to maybe 10 usable ch’s because of over modulated audio and splatter.
I am an RF Engineer and we reuse the same frequencies at different locations. We have to design our networks so that users can operate on those same channels without affecting each other. The 5.8GHz band used is not likely to be destroyed by a few drone pilots. However, I am sure there was a point when a few CB operators were the only powerful stations around. It became a problem when everyone used those hacks.
Maybe I am off track with my concerns, but it raises a red flag with me.

Guys, is anyone here that has modified the drone parameters with drone-hacks? I want to ask something i noticed. Thanks
I did. in S mode only. have changed tilt angle and speed for ascent and descent. descet speed I set 7m/s.

I've read through this thread a few times now. I have got a fcc controller if I do the disable country it sets country to zz can I change it to US and save it with the disable country setting or will it keep going back to zz. Don't want to get an adapter if it can't be changed to us
that's a question! in comand "disable county" we are disabling all the countrys. and its sets tx level not maximum i think. we must find a way to change country or "not change country" comand and stays in US for example.

Last edited:
Yes it's well established now that setting the disable_country to 1 sets country to ZZ which sets tx below maximum on a FCC drone.
I don't believe there is a known way to set country to US and then freeze it there.
I am not even sure that manually setting the country to US in the wifi.conf file on the RC by means of micro usb / RJ45 adapter will also change the AC configuration on startup / handshake. I have been trying to figure it out, as an alternative to the good old fake gps on 1.1.2 fly app.

Yes it's well established now that setting the disable_country to 1 sets country to ZZ which sets tx below maximum on a FCC drone.
I don't believe there is a known way to set country to US and then freeze it there.
I am not even sure that manually setting the country to US in the wifi.conf file on the RC by means of micro usb / RJ45 adapter will also change the AC configuration on startup / handshake. I have been trying to figure it out, as an alternative to the good old fake gps on 1.1.2 fly app.
fake gps does his job good. But its does not work on Android 10 or 11.
Even if it is not the newer app dji fly somehow ignoring already done fake gps hack with another phone android 9. and fly distance is the same as no haking. but if left android 9 and app 1.1.2 the fake gps hack is working and fligh distance is much more longer. AC and RC fw is 400.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swigmofa