DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RC brightness level is 700 nits... NOT as good as RC Pro

After sitting and reading forums and watching YouTube videos I have conclude that DJI cannot bee trusted in any statement they make. The distance issue is a perfect example, is there a difference in distance between the EU and the North American versions of the Mini 3? If so, then the specs should state that. Most people buying drones are very interested in the specs when it comes to deciding the product they are going to order. Why would anyone buy an expensive drone that has a range of 1.7 mi or 2.5 km, that is nuts. I ordered the Mini 3 Pro RC and the Fly More Kit five days ago; I ordered the Mini Pro RC even though I have the RC Pro because I don’t know if the RC Pro will be compatible with the Mini 3 and if in the future will it will be compatible and when will that be? I was watching a review of the Mini 3 Pro RC and the reviewer said the screen looks good when you stand in the shade. Enough said

I have issues with some of the things DJI says and does, but the Specs on differences between EU and North America is not one of them. DJI is very clear there is a difference. The DJI RC (with the screen) may be having some range issues they'll have to figure out.

Right from the Mini 3 Pro Spec page.
----------------------------------------------------------
  • Signal Transmission Ranges
    (FCC) [6]​

• Strong Interference (urban landscape): Approx. 1.5-3 km
    Medium Interference (suburban landscape): Approx. 3-7 km
    Low Interference (suburb/seaside): Approx. 7-12 km
-and then the [6] Footnote.---

FCC: United States, Australia, Canada, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Chile, Colombia, Puerto Rico, and other regions. Max transmission range: 12 km
SRRC: Mainland China. Max transmission range: 8 km
CE: UK, Russia, France, Germany, Portugal, Spain, Switzerland, Macau, New Zealand, UAE, and other regions. Max transmission range: 8 km

Reactions: Torque
The distance issue is a perfect example, is there a difference in distance between the EU and the North American versions of the Mini 3? If so, then the specs should state that.
They do. Clearly lists the FCC vs "rest of world" distances. Caused by only the FCC region allowing a lot of power on that band.
Its done by physical location of the flight not by hardware.

M Why would anyone buy an expensive drone that has a range of 1.7 mi or 2.5 km,

Because thats a good 2km further than its legally allowed to fly them almost everywhere on the planet?

Regarding 700 nits DJI RC brightness... what if it is built in the same 1000 nits screen as the other DJI smart remotes using just that it is limited to 700 nits. If it is so then we just have to find a way to hack it to 1000 nits :)

I have the Mavic 3, Fly 2S and the Mini 3 Pro and none of them with either my RC or RC Pro go anywhere near the stated ranges of either DJI or FCC numbers. I am waiting for delivery of my Avanta and I expect that it will have the same limited range as the Mini 3 Pro. You will not get the truth out of DJI about the most important specs for their drones. For DJI it's all hype and making $$$. The Avanta is a perfect example of what I call greed, no carry case, a controller that nobody wants so you have to buy another controller, $200.00 + depending in what country you live in,, 1 battery that will last about 10 minutes, spare batteries cost $200.00 each in Canada and no charger you have to buy one.

The Avanta is a perfect example of what I call greed, no carry case, a controller that nobody wants so you have to buy another controller, $200.00 + depending in what country you live in,, 1 battery that will last about 10 minutes, spare batteries cost $200.00 each in Canada and no charger you have to buy one.

And yet,

I am waiting for delivery of my Avanta

Sounds like they priced the Avata at the marketer's ideal point - high enough that the customer groans, but not so high that they don't buy it.

Those range figures are absolute maximums under near-perfect conditions. It's been well known for years that the real world ranges are much lower.

I have the Mavic 3, Fly 2S and the Mini 3 Pro and none of them with either my RC or RC Pro go anywhere near the stated ranges of either DJI or FCC numbers. I am waiting for delivery of my Avanta and I expect that it will have the same limited range as the Mini 3 Pro. You will not get the truth out of DJI about the most important specs for their drones. For DJI it's all hype and making $$$. The Avanta is a perfect example of what I call greed, no carry case, a controller that nobody wants so you have to buy another controller, $200.00 + depending in what country you live in,, 1 battery that will last about 10 minutes, spare batteries cost $200.00 each in Canada and no charger you have to buy one.
That's a whole lot of complaints and you're still buying the drone. Apparently "all hype" is your thing.

Why do you keep buying DGI products? Lots of other options for the Avanta if you want to build your own.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots