DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Rc Pro attitude mode fly with caution

PhucTran

Reactions
i am flying a dji mavic 3 drone with rc pro flying at a distance of 400m but suddenly lost gps and control wave on rc pro screen shows a message but luckily i still control and fly rider safe, can you tell me is my gps signal broken?
4D7F32A0-9F0C-4ED1-A8E3-2D3DE4EAC201.jpeg

Compass or GPS broken? Very unlikely. Did you have a clear and wide view of the sky or as it appears on the map between buildings?

I’ve flown in dense urban areas plenty, and man let me tell you - GPS/Compass can (and frequently do) become wacky near tall buildings, tons of signal interference, and certainly both. I’ve owned several DJI drones over the course of 5 years or so, and the only times I’ve lost control to the point that I’ve puckered up and piloted manually or just straight up gotten lucky to land safely - were in “downtown-ish” areas. I know this is anecdotal and may not even be your situation, but it is perhaps food for thought.

Compass or GPS broken? Very unlikely. Did you have a clear and wide view of the sky or as it appears on the map between buildings?
i flew to shoot fireworks on new year in viet nam i think i was broken by the military because a lot of other drones flying at that time were similar to me, is there any way to prevent interference?

i flew to shoot fireworks on new year in viet nam i think i was broken by the military because a lot of other drones flying at that time were similar to me, is there any way to prevent interference?
If they were also flying around buildings then that would be no great surprise.

If you post your flight logs as follows some of our experienced pilots should be able to tell you the real cause.

DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help

• Post your flight data to get help
  • Go to DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help
  • Follow the instructions there to upload your flight record from your phone or tablet.
  • That will give you a detailed report on the flight data.
  • Come back and post a link to the report it provides.

Reactions: PhucTran
If they were also flying around buildings then that would be no great surprise.

If you post your flight logs as follows some of our experienced pilots should be able to tell you the real cause.

DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help

• Post your flight data to get help
  • Go to DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help
  • Follow the instructions there to upload your flight record from your phone or tablet.
  • That will give you a detailed report on the flight data.
  • Come back and post a link to the report it provides.

what you need me to do, can you help me find out the cause?

From 9.25 into your flight you are repeatedly dropping and then losing all satellites with Ambient Light too low warnings, loss of vision object avoidance and switching to Atti mode. The cause, flying between buildings preventing sufficient satellite reception and coverage.

Congrats on bringing down a flight in at Atti mode.
This is common for many drones to loose signal for one reason or another so its not broken.

Have you had any issue while flying in Viet Nam regarding being restricted ?
as we have a few clients ask about it.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain.

Very unlikely, probably surrounding wifi interference.

It's a shame that today's aircraft do not have a selectable Atti mode. I have a Phantom 2 that oddly, is ONLY safe to fly in Atti mode, GPS mode is dangerous as it gets a mind of its own and will even take off on its own if left alone with the props idling. I often fly my P3P in Atti mode just for fun and practice.
Atti mode is also useful for determining just how windy it is higher up. Practicing flying in Atti mode is very helpful for situations mentioned in this thread where you have no choice, and if you are familiar with it, you won't panic when it happens. I wish my Classic and mini had a selectable Atti mode.
For you Pilots that have never been able to select and practice Atti mode deliberately, you are missing out on a critical part of flying IMO.

Reactions: MS Coast
It's a shame that today's aircraft do not have a selectable Atti mode. I have a Phantom 2 that oddly, is ONLY safe to fly in Atti mode, GPS mode is dangerous as it gets a mind of its own and will even take off on its own if left alone with the props idling. I often fly my P3P in Atti mode just for fun and practice.
Atti mode is also useful for determining just how windy it is higher up. Practicing flying in Atti mode is very helpful for situations mentioned in this thread where you have no choice, and if you are familiar with it, you won't panic when it happens. I wish my Classic and mini had a selectable Atti mode.
For you Pilots that have never been able to select and practice Atti mode deliberately, you are missing out on a critical part of flying IMO.
...in some aspects, it's like a manual shift automobile....

Reactions: 3rdof5
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GillesdeColombes