DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RC Pro button/dial shortcut options

lomposlapos

Reactions
I am looking for the following (ideally all) functions to be able to access via button/dial shortcuts, preferably as a 1-step.

aperture change
shutter speed change
white balance
Auxiliary Bottom Light ON/OFF toggle
camera forward/downward toggle
camera view and map view ("IFR") screen toggle

Anyone knows how to configure all/most of these?

Reactions: DougMcC
You'll have to explore all the various custom settings in the Fly app available for each of the programmable RC Pro buttons and combination button settings, and choose where you want those features among the options available for each button and button combination.

However, there is no ability to simply toggle the Auxiliary LED ON and OFF and back to ON. Instead, it is always a 3 way toggle cycle from the default of AUTO to ON to OFF and then back to AUTO. If you turn it ON and turn it OFF and then try to turn it back ON, nothing will happen because it is now back to AUTO. You'll need toggle it twice to go from OFF back to ON.

It's a potential gotcha, because you have to turn it ON to be able to turn it OFF, and get it out of AUTO, so you don't nightblind yourself as you are hand-catching after dark! If you failed to turn it ON, after trying to do so, after first turning it OFF, you may think it is now still OFF, but it is back in AUTO, ready to night-blind you!

Toggling also only works after the motors are armed. You can no longer bench test the functionality without first arming the motors. I had a return set up with my Mavic 3 last January, as the app at that time did not state that it only worked in flight, like it does now, and on the M2P, you can bench test it easily, so I expected it would be the same on the Mavic 3! Not so! Fortunately, I independently discovered the motor arming requirement before returning it, as DJI didn't know about it either at that time, and neither did anyone else, including the dealer!

I have asked DJI if they could extend the capability of the function & 5 function buttons. The more who ask DJI for this, the better likelihood they will respond. They have responded to reasonable requests like Tripod mode (Cine) and Waypoints.

If you turn the volume all the way down with the function button and right wheel, it'll turn off the RC Pro beeping.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
still left to figure out how to do:
full screen view
toggle maps / camera view
adding waypoints (interested in ALL available custom and default options)

Last edited:
still left to figure out how to do:

full screen view - nope

toggle maps / camera view - nope

adding waypoints (interested in ALL available custom and default options) For the Mavic 3 series the C1 button while flying. Watch this and other tutorials -

Reactions: GadgetGuy
If you turn the volume all the way down with the function button and right wheel, it'll turn off the RC Pro beeping.
Does the DJI RC work the same way?
Is there also an equivalent on the RC-N1?
I'd rather not drill holes to silence the transducer inside, if I don't have to!