DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RC Pro Now Compatible With Mini 3 Pro!

The advantage is... brighter screen and better range for the mini 3 ? I won't bother buying one but just curious.

Range should be the same, at least in ideal conditions. There are plenty of videos on YT with people flying ~9 miles out with the 'cheap' RC. Outside of ideal conditions I wouldn't be surprised if the RC Pro was a bit better with external antennas and the ability to angle the antennas towards the drone rather than having to change the orientation of the entire controller.

Screen is 700 nits vs 1000 nits, and you need 4X the nits to perceive a doubling of brightness (it's a logarithmic scale). It's not 40% brighter as the numbers may suggest if it were a linear scale. That's also assuming DJI is accurately rating their screens and also assuming the maximum brightness is sustained (iPhones, for example, dramatically reduce their brightness when they get too hot and brightness ratings are instantaneous spot ratings rather than full-screen sustained ratings). I have no problem seeing the DJI RC screen in bright sunlight and while wearing sunglasses, but YMMV. I also have the original Smart Controller for comparison (1000nits), which is most similar to the RC Pro, and the screen is slightly brighter but it's not a big difference.

The RC Pro is larger, built better, and more customizable. The average flyer probably won't use most of the features it adds though, such as HDMI out. The RC Pro is indeed better but it also makes the regular RC look like a bargain. Great to have options, especially for those already invested.

I am itching to update the RC Pro but I wonder if it will break the Drone Hacks FCC on it

Has the FCC hack method changed? If not, you should be fine. Previously, all you needed to do was trick the remote into thinking it was somewhere else, and then when the prompt comes up to change back to CE mode just hit "no". Maybe you don't get that much control over it anymore though.

Has the FCC hack method changed? If not, you should be fine. Previously, all you needed to do was trick the remote into thinking it was somewhere else, and then when the prompt comes up to change back to CE mode just hit "no". Maybe you don't get that much control over it anymore though.
Yup, that GPS faking method has not been working for quite a while

Reactions: CanadaDrone
Anyone know if you need to unbind previous drones to link another one ? Like, if you want to use the rc pro for the mini 3 then switch to the mavic 3 ?

Thanks for that .. so you don’t need to unbind say the mavic 3 to use the mavic mini 3 and vs versa ?
Once you bind the drone for the first time, the RC will acknowledge the aircraft then verify that the FW matches the aircraft with a pop up window that says update current FW for that aircraft. It only takes a few seconds to do this.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Now they just need to sell the Mavic 3 as a standalone and customers will have every option. I want to add a M3 to my M3P but it doesn't make sense to pay for another controller and never use it.
I agree, but that RC-N1 controller is only $110, so no biggie. Mavic 3 price already dropped $150, so the included controller is now "free!" 🤣

Reactions: CanadaDrone
I can 2nd this, each of my batteries needed the update, reg and plus ones. Just finished.
Battery updates are rarely "necessary." Before updating all batteries, I would want to know what they are changing! It's rarely beneficial for me! Usually, it's shortening the time to auto discharge, which means discovering your fully charged batteries are no longer fully charged, just when you want them to be! The current 96% after 3 days can only be topped off by first manually discharging the battery below 95%!

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
@GadgetGuy ,the battery update was because it would allow the drone to be flown with the RC pro controller ,it was so that the battery info would be able to be read on the screen display,as part of the overall update,if you dont wish to do the update then thats your choice

Is an internet connection required or does it store the file locally on the device?

The file is stored locally. I have the controller in Airplane Mode now and can switch between the two aircraft. I am paranoid, so I would always test this before I go out into the field with both aircraft.

Reactions: MS Coast
The signal loss is about the same, no noticeable improvement with Mini 3 and RC Pro combination. Flying with the RC Pro controls is great and the screen is awesome compared to the RC controller. It's nice to have one controller for my three drones.

Reactions: Pietro and oztx
I just came across this in some other network groups. Good news if it is! And if so, Is there any better range associated with the update?
I don't have my M3P kit with me at this time to download or test.
View attachment 153418
Probably a stupid question, but here goes;

I do not own a Mini 3. I own only the Mavic 3 and use the RC Pro controller. I just turned everything on and it does not call for an update in the DJI Fly app. Do I need to update anything?

Ok, Great! Good to hear!
View attachment 153428
I am confused. I only own a Mavic 3 and RCPro controller. I turned them both on just now and I did not get any prompt to update anything. Should I update my RC Pro controller, and/or my M3 drone?

If I should update, which app do I need to install- DJI Fly or DJI Assistant 2.

Dale

Anyone know if you need to unbind previous drones to link another one ? Like, if you want to use the rc pro for the mini 3 then switch to the mavic 3 ?
I am confused. I only own a Mavic 3 and RCPro controller. I turned them both on just now and I did not get any prompt to update anything. Should I update my RC Pro controller, and/or my M3 drone?

If I should update, which app do I need to install- DJI Fly or DJI Assistant 2.

Dale
I do not have the Mini 3 Pro yet but as soon as I turned on my RC Pro yesterday the prompt for the update was there. Once installed the M3P appears in the menu of selectable drones on the RC Pro. Are you trying to do the update over a WiFi connection? Not sure if that would have any bering but that is how I did mine. Note I did not have to turn on or update my Mavic 3.

Chris

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deltabird