DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RC Pro Now Compatible With Mini 3 Pro!

I am confused. I only own a Mavic 3 and RCPro controller. I turned them both on just now and I did not get any prompt to update anything. Should I update my RC Pro controller, and/or my M3 drone?

If I should update, which app do I need to install- DJI Fly or DJI Assistant 2.

Dale
The only update you will receive is to the controller and Fly app.
It will not interfere with your current set up if you are only flying the M3.
Verify by checking for updates in the app. Version 1.6.12 is the latest.

Here is one of the first comparison videos between controllers for range.

No range difference really in this test or others I have seen which is interesting. You would think the external antennas made a difference but they dont seem to do much. I guess it’s more about the drone antenna than the remote antenna. Dont buy one or the other for range, make a selection based on the other features like the screen, memory, HDMI, and at the moment compatibility. Once the RC is working with the Air 2S, it would be down to budget.

Now they just need to sell the Mavic 3 as a standalone and customers will have every option. I want to add a M3 to my M3P but it doesn't make sense to pay for another controller and never use it.
This might become their new method. I am sure doing it with the M3P is a test case that should show them this is what we want.

Quick question. Does the aircraft only remain bound to one controller at a time? IE, if I bind my M3P to the RC Pro, and then I need to use the DJI RC for the M3P, do I have to go through the binding process again?

Last edited:
Reactions: CanadaDrone
I have the RC/RC Pro and was surprised the range was basically the same between the two controllers. The Mavic 3 just kills the Mini 3P in range though. I fly in a congested wifi area. I can easily go double the distance with the Mavic 3 and still not experience dropouts. The mini 3P seems to suffer from dropouts and lag.

Reactions: OldBlueHeron
They do offer the Mavic 3 as a stand alone.
Buy DJI Mavic 3 - DJI Store

If you scroll down to the "in the box", you'll see it still includes the RC-N1 and all basic accessories :)

What I want is the option to buy literally just the drone, or at least the drone without the RC-N1.

From what I am told, in Canada anyway, it's only available as a standalone for warranty replacement or care refresh replacement.

I have the RC/RC Pro and was surprised the range was basically the same between the two controllers. The Mavic 3 just kills the Mini 3P in range though. I fly in a congested wifi area. I can easily go double the distance with the Mavic 3 and still not experience dropouts. The mini 3P seems to suffer from dropouts and lag.
Air 2S has more range with the RC Pro as well. Flying with the pro in a familiar area, the mini 3 pro went red and I thought I was toast. It came back but was not expected at all.

The
Quick question. Does the aircraft only remain bound to one controller at a time? IE, if I bind my M3P to the RC Pro, and then I need to use the DJI RC for the M3P, do I have to go through the binding process again?
I believe that while the controller can keep multiple “binds” for different craft, the craft themselves can only have 1 bind. Therefore you would need to rebind it if swapping out controllers

Reactions: Coskier
If you scroll down to the "in the box", you'll see it still includes the RC-N1 and all basic accessories :)

What I want is the option to buy literally just the drone, or at least the drone without the RC-N1.

From what I am told, in Canada anyway, it's only available as a standalone for warranty replacement or care refresh replacement.
Yeop, missed that. Some aircraft should be available as a standalone within the next few months according to my resources. You will know when that happens. Working on the part number for it daily.

Reactions: CanadaDrone
Ich habe gerade das Update durchgeführt. Beachten Sie jedoch, dass alle Batterien für den Mini 3 ebenfalls aktualisiert werden müssen. Der Akku in der Drohne wird während des ersten Updates aktualisiert
Genau so ist es und funktioniert alles bestens.

Last edited:
It does seem to work on the Mini 3 Pro -- what I wasn't expecting is that both the Mavic 3 and the Mini 3 Pro appear to be bound to the RC Pro controller and I can pick either aircraft without unbinding the one not in use.

The one thing I do see is an "Inconsistent Firmware" message each time I change aircraft -- it takes about 10 seconds and then connects to the aircraft as normal.
Yes, that’s a bit annoying but doesn’t seem to be an issue. It would be nice if the RC pro would switch drones seamlessly.

Reactions: oztx
Brighter screen definitely, convenience is another, customizable buttons another, likely better signal stability too. Range doesn’t matter to me as I wouldn’t be flying out of VLOS anyway.

The fact that DJI has made the M3P compatible with the RC Pro has made an expensive but excellent controller even more worth it and the fact that DJI has released the M3P as a drone only package is great. I must admit I became a little worried when the M3P was released with the new DJI RC with the built in screen. I was worried that they were not going to make it compatible with the RC Pro in which case I would have just used my RC-N1 controller that came with my Mavic 3.

All is good now.

Chris
That's an interesting point - are the programmable buttons working on the M3P?
IOW - how much functionality is supported in the smaller bird?

It does seem to work on the Mini 3 Pro -- what I wasn't expecting is that both the Mavic 3 and the Mini 3 Pro appear to be bound to the RC Pro controller and I can pick either aircraft without unbinding the one not in use.

The one thing I do see is an "Inconsistent Firmware" message each time I change aircraft -- it takes about 10 seconds and then connects to the aircraft as normal.
It probably needs to switch firmwares to control each drone. Same thing happens with the Smart controller when switching from A2S to mini 2.

Not sure about the range, that is to be determined but the RC Pro has external antennas so in theory maybe. Main difference is brighter screen, faster processor, more buttons for quick access to features, more robust build, and if you already own one you used with Mavic 3 or Air 2S you can now add the Mini 3.

I will leave this but @Chrislaf beat me to it.

Seems from the reviews range may not be improved, but the RC Pro has more antennas (not just "external") and in FCC mode transmits with more power. Of course, signal loss often starts with the drone's video feed, so transmit power of the RC may not help much.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ehj147