DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

ready for goggles, need a recommendation

motopokep

Reactions
I think I am ready to take the FPV flying to the next level with the goggles. What are the best goggles for the "IMAX experience"? I'm looking for the image to be real close to my eyes, like having front row seats in a movie theater. I got these 5.8g Eachine goggles for my racing drone and I don't like them because the screen is too far away, I see a lot of black on the sides, like sitting in the back of a movie theater. What goggles out there are compatible with the Mavic and which ones give you the best view? What's the difference between DJI goggles and Moverio smart glasses?

Gonna get on youtube for some reviews also.

I'm looking for the image to be real close to my eyes, like having front row seats in a movie theater.
The DJI Goggles would be a good option to consider. They also connect wirelessly to the Mavic Pro -- which is very convenient.

What's the difference between DJI goggles and Moverio smart glasses?
Here are a few videos that'll give you a good idea of what each of these goggles/glasses can do:

Also, check out this thread for more details on the Epson Moverio BT-300 glasses.

Last edited:
Reactions: genesimmons
What you describe is what the DJI Goggles offers. I'm not familiar with the Moverio glasses.

I have the DJI Goggles and actually don't care for them. I find with my near-sightedness I needed "focus-fixers" The DJI Goggles is literally like holding your tablet up to your face. Which isn't really an immersive experience to me. So I've only used them half a dozen times and put them away.

I fly FPV drones with Fatsharks, and the experience is different. I prefer the true FPV experience over the DJI Goggle experience, I wish I could better describe it so it just must be a personal preference.

The beauty of the DJI Goggles is they work seamlessly with the Mavic Pro... A perfect match.

I would STRONGLY suggest trying out the DJI Goggles first to make sure you like them and the image they offer before buying...

I think I am ready to take the FPV flying to the next level with the goggles. What are the best goggles for the "IMAX experience"? I'm looking for the image to be real close to my eyes, like having front row seats in a movie theater. I got these 5.8g Eachine goggles for my racing drone and I don't like them because the screen is too far away, I see a lot of black on the sides, like sitting in the back of a movie theater. What goggles out there are compatible with the Mavic and which ones give you the best view? What's the difference between DJI goggles and Moverio smart glasses?

Gonna get on youtube for some reviews also.

I have both goggles but I prefer using the Moverio. I say this for three primary reasons. One, I do not like being separated from the environment as I feel with the DJI goggles. I often fly alone and I sometimes feel to disconnected from the real world when using these goggles.

Two, I prefer flying my drones using line of sight. Additionally, I also like see what’s going on around me as well.

Three, I find DJI goggles too heavy and too constricting for me personally. They also become quite uncomfortable on warm days.

Just my two cents

I like the DJI goggles better, as it's a more of the immersive experience. I like the Moverio option of being able to see around you, but the downside is that the transmission image is very small. DJI gives you a big image, but again, what I don't like about it is same thing I have with my eachine goggles, seeing black space all around you in front of the screen, feels like you're in the back seat of a movie theater. I guess I'll look at some more reviews or wait for something better to come out.

I have the Movario glasses and I think they're terrific. I picked up the Ace Solitaire enclosure, which gives you the immersive feeling you're looking for even if you choose to still see through the glasses...they also have a dark shade that snaps on (magnets) that completely immerses you and varying shades of sunglasses that can snap on so you can get a great picture even in bright light. They're pricey and they don't have interpupillary adjustment (the distance between your eyes) - which can make it difficult for some people to see stereoptically. So try before you buy. But they're great.

Reactions: ksmusa
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
odofi