DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Recommendations for interesting flyable areas in Stockholm?

SmileyGC

Reactions
I am here visiting family & friends in Stockholm, staying about 15km south of the city center.
Does anyone know the area and have any recommendations for interesting/scenic/architectural flying areas.

Thank you in advance

Hello, greetings from a Finnish sailor and DJI pilot (formerly Phantom 4, now M2P). A favorite location of mine in the greater Stockholm area is Vaxholm, reachable from Stockholm by local buses. The town itself is charming and so is the Castle (spelled Vaxholm Kastellet). I don't know if the sea is open or how much snow there is at this time of the year. We have lots of snow and frozen seas at almost the same latitude (60N).

Note however that you should consult your Swedish friends about drone laws in Sweden. I remember reading (last year I believe) that drones are classified as surveillance cameras and are either banned or require a permit. In last summer I was flying my Phantom 4 around the Castle when an arrogant motor yacht owner threatened me with violence unless I turn off video recording immediately and pack my drone.

DJI_0303-Pano-Edit.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: SmileyGC
Hello, greetings from a Finnish sailor and DJI pilot (formerly Phantom 4, now M2P). A favorite location of mine in the greater Stockholm area is Vaxholm, reachable from Stockholm by local buses. The town itself is charming and so is the Castle (spelled Vaxholm Kastellet). I don't know if the sea is open or how much snow there is at this time of the year. We have lots of snow and frozen seas at almost the same latitude (60N).

Note however that you should consult your Swedish friends about drone laws in Sweden. I remember reading (last year I believe) that drones are classified as surveillance cameras and are either banned or require a permit. In last summer I was flying my Phantom 4 around the Castle when an arrogant motor yacht owner threatened me with violence unless I turn off video recording immediately and pack my drone.

View attachment 60229

Many thanks for the info.
It seems Sweden has now reduced restrictions on Drone flying..

So we incorporated a visit to Ikea with Voxholm.
Unfortunately, time was running low when we arrived (school run at 4pm), flying would have been rushed, so we fed the ducks instead..

Next time..
Maybe back in the spring..

IMG_7874.JPG

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Electrakill21