DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Recording video to an ipad mini 4

bentbrent

Reactions
Hi all

Generally I'm an Android guy, but I just got an ipad mini 4 to use with my MP. I'm lost when it comes to Apple products. When I use my S9+ I am able to record video to both the phone and the AC. but with the ipad I can only record to the AC. Is there a way to record directly to the ipad as well? I have allowed DJI GO 4 to access both read and write photos.

Bentbrent

You can store a low quality copy of the video on your mobile device by enabling the video caching feature in the following section of DJI GO:

DJI-GO-Video-Cache.jpg

Reactions: WAXMAN
msinger

I have that turned on. I thought that was what makes it record to the drone. It doesn't seem to record to the ipad. Maybe I'm going about this wrong. If it does record pictures or video to the ipad, it would be in the photos app, right?

msinger

I have that turned on. I thought that was what makes it record to the drone. It doesn't seem to record to the ipad. Maybe I'm going about this wrong. If it does record pictures or video to the ipad, it would be in the photos app, right?
Wrong. You need to go to the go4 apo and export from there... under editor i believe

We may be talking about two different things. The drone records to it's video card. If you want to have a recording of what you SEE and HEAR on your iPAD, that's where you'll want to use "Screen Recording." That gets stored in your Photos App on your iPad. That way, you can go back and see "What was that warning that just flashed by????" It is very useful for a post-mortem of a crash, perhaps.

msinger

Thanks, that was what I was looking for. To Jim Flannery, thanks also. I will try that too.

Bentbrent

We may be talking about two different things. The drone records to it's video card. If you want to have a recording of what you SEE and HEAR on your iPAD, that's where you'll want to use "Screen Recording." That gets stored in your Photos App on your iPad. That way, you can go back and see "What was that warning that just flashed by????" It is very useful for a post-mortem of a crash, perhaps.
The replay of the flight in the Go app shows the warnings and just where you were and what buttons you were pushing.

Hear? I don't hear any audio in any of my recordings direct from the drone SD card. Assuming audio recording option comes from my smartphone mic not from the drone.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada