DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Red Arrow

busybee

Reactions
Why is the red arrow on the map of Dji app point approx 30degrees too much to the right Mavic pro 2, iphone 8 plus and also iphone 5, tried rebooting and numerous
compass calibrations and switching equipment on in different order and tried moving iphone from remote away and rotating it, still no good.
please help , I have flight exam Thursday!

thanks, good idea just tried not better I am afraid, red arrow does respond just iphone is plus 30 degrees more than the front on drone, just tried different leads but still no good

thanks, good idea just tried not better I am afraid, red arrow does respond just iphone is plus 30 degrees more than the front on drone, just tried different leads but still no good
On Android devices the compass in the device has to be calibrated as GPS uses the device for the map orientation arrow. Search for how to calibrate iPhone's compass.

Reactions: Kilrah
thank you, i put a compass app on both iphones and the readings differed, moved them around until they read the same, it has worked correctly for 5 start up so fingers crossed it is ok, i did speak to dji, they admitted ios compatibility problem but just logged the fault, thanks for helping.

please see thread by "tjcooper" on "
which direction is the RADAR map point pointing towards?

For Android phones I have trendous problems. Turn OFF the compass lock and I think the red arrow will point correctly. However, when you move the directional stick, you compass may go in new angle until you release the directional stick.

I am very interested if the iPhone users have the same problem that Android users are having.
tjcooper

Last edited:

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hcastro