DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Red pixels during low light conditions (M2P)

Topdown

Reactions
Are these dead pixels on my mavic 2 pro? Today was my first time testing low light conditions and I noticed these "red/dead" pixels. Only seems to happen in "video" mode. Youtube link :
(Must be viewed in 1080p or higher)

I was able to watch the 1440p resolution, as that's the best my monitor will show. I was not able to see the red/dead pixels. Was this shot in Auto or Manual, and if Manual, do you recall all the camera settings?

I've attached a screenshot since the video isn't properly displaying the issue! Also the pixels seem to return to normal in higher light conditions. I've tried both auto & manual and diff adjustments within manual.

Attachments

• redpixel.png
    redpixel.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 13
What does the EXIF data record the ISO as being when the red pixels are displayed?

This can be a common problem for all small sensor cameras shooting in low light. The hot pixels are most prevalent in the shadow areas.

A dead pixel would be present in all conditions.

We tried different ISOs - from lowest to highest and the red pixels remained. The only thing to "fix" the red pixel issue is just higher ambient lighting. Also since posting this it also seems to only appear in certain resolutions. (1080p Full screen/ 4k Full screen).

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drsmurph