DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Reduced Mavic Mini Speed After Firmware Update (v0500)

Millsy006

Reactions
I updated to v01.00.0500 2 days ago and took it out tonight for a flight. I was testing it out after reading about a number of people reporting motor speed issues with the rear left motor and prop. Anyway, I had no issue with that, but I did notice that it was flying very slow at full throttle. I usually get around 8 m/s in P mode (~29km/hr or 18mph). Light / no wind tonight and I was getting less than around 2 m/s in P mode so switched to Sport Mode and was still only getting 3 m/s (10km/hr).

As noted, firmware was just updated, all 3 batteries were also updated with new firmware and using latest Fly app.

Anyone else having this issue?

Thanks

A lot of people having this issue. Is the pitch even close to 30 degrees in sport?

I wonder if DJI is trying to address the uncommanded descent problem by limiting pitch/speed performance with the v0500 update? Maybe an off base idea, as it would surely exacerbate the wind blow away thing.

Limiting the speed to 6mph would certainly not help with fly-away’s.

I will try another flight tomorrow with a fresh new battery (not that it’s a battery problem) and see if same speed issue.

Reactions: barney1
I updated to v01.00.0500 2 days ago and took it out tonight for a flight. I was testing it out after reading about a number of people reporting motor speed issues with the rear left motor and prop. Anyway, I had no issue with that, but I did notice that it was flying very slow at full throttle. I usually get around 8 m/s in P mode (~29km/hr or 18mph). Light / no wind tonight and I was getting less than around 2 m/s in P mode so switched to Sport Mode and was still only getting 3 m/s (10km/hr).

As noted, firmware was just updated, all 3 batteries were also updated with new firmware and using latest Fly app.

Thanks
I've personally been having issues. I'm always flying in sports mode as I'm very comfortable with getting the shots I need quick. But... Not sure if it's due to enhanced warning zone? But my mini, due to the last update, has been reduced to a maximum speed of 10.5kmph. In both sports mode and position I'll only reach maximum 10.5kmph. This could become an issue with fly aways, aggressive bird behaviour, and so forth.

Is it due to the location I'm in, perhaps?

That screenshot is taken when I was flying in a restricted area near an airport and had to unlock the GEO zone,so think it's something else. Try to downgrade to .400 and then update to .500 with DJI assistant. Every battery separately,controller and aircraft...

What part of Canada are you in? I know that there is a known issue for southern and central Ontario folks that causes a speed limit of 10.2km/h regardless of flight mode. It seems that a flysafe DB update is the problem and you will see a warning about Downsview airport even though you maybe be quite far away from it.

This same discussion is currently spread out over several different threads in this forum. Many areas of Ontario are suddenly being treated as restricted zones, usually related to something to do with Downsview Airport even though they're nowhere near it. A major symptom of this is the drastically reduced speed. I have reported the problem to DJI via [email protected]. I sent them all of the info they asked for and I'm waiting to hear back with a solution. If you are also having problems, please let DJI know as it may help to speed up the fix.

Reactions: Robmavicmini

Thanks
Yes same issues

What part of Canada are you in? I know that there is a known issue for southern and central Ontario folks that causes a speed limit of 10.2km/h regardless of flight mode. It seems that a flysafe DB update is the problem and you will see a warning about Downsview airport even though you maybe be quite far away from it.

I am east of Toronto. Oshawa Executive airport would be the closest although that is 10km away so I have never had any issues with that airport. I did update the FlySafe along with the Firmware update, so maybe it is some restriction from that as noted above although I didn’t receive any warning notifications on my RC/Phone or messages pre/During flight that I was in any particular type of restriction or warning zone.

So far I have seen reports from Wasaga Beach all the way down to Grand Island NY and now Kitchener to near Oshawa. I am sure DJI will fix this within the next day or two.

Niagara area same
Need that fix soon or not safe to fly drone
I think @BoscoBear said that dropping back down to version 400 restores regular speed. WX is so crap here today that I am just gonna wait out the fix the next day or two. If nothing by Tuesday then I will probably drop to 400 so at least I can safely fly the mini.

Yes, I'm located near cherry beach in Toronto, which is located near an airports, but, didn't have this issue previous to the update. How do downgrade back. And yes, I'll ensure I send this to dji.

Im personally all about speed, so having had my drone reduced so drastically and to have my remote annoyingly keep vibrating and telling me about the ristrictons has turned me off from flying. But I appreciate everyone's help

Yes, I'm located near cherry beach in Toronto, which is located near an airports, but, didn't have this issue previous to the update. How do downgrade back. And yes, I'll ensure I send this to dji.

Im personally all about speed, so having had my drone reduced so drastically and to have my remote annoyingly keep vibrating and telling me about the ristrictons has turned me off from flying. But I appreciate everyone's help
Use DJI Assistant2 on your computer. It is available on the DJI website.

I think @BoscoBear said that dropping back down to version 400 restores regular speed. WX is so crap here today that I am just gonna wait out the fix the next day or two. If nothing by Tuesday then I will probably drop to 400 so at least I can safely fly the mini.
Yes
Was thinking same
Want to get technical knowledge to be ready to downgrade or fix to happen

You are right, DJI has limited pitch to 30 degrees in v500 firmware, as reported by someone who got in developer mod in DJI assistant
I wonder if DJI is trying to address the uncommanded descent problem by limiting pitch/speed performance with the v0500 update? Maybe an off base idea, as it would surely exacerbate the wind blow away thing.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan