DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Refurb and warranty help

Rookie

Reactions
Hi

First time posting on here. Just couple of questions.

I was thinking of buying a refurb Mavic Pro. I’m from the UK and the site that i would be using is Scan.co.uk? Anybody out there used them before? Are they any good?

Secondly, are refurbs generally safe to buy. I’ve read a few forums and people seem to be happy with the one’s they’ve recireved, but i’m always skeptical of ordering a refurb of anything really - especially something this expensive. Just paranoid that there will be something wrong. Which leads into my next question regarding warranty. As it’s a refurb, would i still be protected by the same warranty that i would get if i had bought the drone from new?

On the site, under the heading warranty duration, it says 3 months. Not sure if that’s 3 months with them and then it would move on DJI for the remainder, or if that’s 3 months in total and that’s it. Obviously that wouldn’t be great so i was just wondering if anyone had any insight on this.

Thanks in advance.

I am from the US, I can guarantee you if the refurbished product come directly from DJI, it's going to be like new with warranty.

I am from the US, I can guarantee you if the refurbished product come directly from DJI, it's going to be like new with warranty.

Thanks for the reply. Yeah, i'm not 100% sure if the company (Scan) is DJI verified. Just had a look in the FAQ's and somebody asked about warranty and sending the drone in for repair and this is the response from Scan:

Hello,

The warranty is covered by DJI, for any issues you would need to contact them on the details given under the warranty tab.

Regards,

But the 3 month duration is a sticking point for me as it's not very long. Hopefully somebody on here have used this company before.

Thanks for the reply. Yeah, i'm not 100% sure if the company (Scan) is DJI verified. Just had a look in the FAQ's and somebody asked about warranty and sending the drone in for repair and this is the response from Scan:

Hello,

The warranty is covered by DJI, for any issues you would need to contact them on the details given under the warranty tab.

Regards,

But the 3 month duration is a sticking point for me as it's not very long. Hopefully somebody on here have used this company before.
Instead of going with a third party, can you buy refurbished products directly from DJI?

Instead of going with a third party, can you buy refurbished products directly from DJI?

Not sure you can in the UK. I've looked on their site but don't see the refurbished section. I think i was reading somewhere that they don't do them here directly from their site. Not sure why

My impression, from reading about experiences here that refurbished units seem to have high quality, maybe because the refurbishment staff is more meticulous and has more time for individual units than the normal production lines. I would not have any problem buying a DJI refurbished drone at a good price.

My impression, from reading about experiences here that refurbished units seem to have high quality, maybe because the refurbishment staff is more meticulous and has more time for individual units than the normal production lines. I would not have any problem buying a DJI refurbished drone at a good price.

I'm certainly leaning towards it. Only sticking point is the 3 month warranty and obviously the company themselves. Although they appear to be legit.

I'm certainly leaning towards it. Only sticking point is the 3 month warranty and obviously the company themselves. Although they appear to be legit.

I think I would only do it directly from DJI, you might want to check their prices.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Albrecht0803