DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Registering Drone

Reactions: Thomas B
The website FAA Drone Registration | DroneRegistration.com is not the official FAA website.
Stated on their web site is the below info - I added the red highlight

Powered by DroneRegistration.com. All rights reserved. This website is not affiliated with the Federal Aviation Administration. Your use of this website means you understand and accept our Privacy Policy and Terms & Conditions including our use of cookies to provide you with a better experience and help our website run effectively.

Stated on their web site is the below info - I added the red highlight

Powered by DroneRegistration.com. All rights reserved. This website is not affiliated with the Federal Aviation Administration. Your use of this website means you understand and accept our Privacy Policy and Terms & Conditions including our use of cookies to provide you with a better experience and help our website run effectively.

Right, but apparently that disclaimer is not enough to prevent people from using their services and insisting that they are dealing directly with the FAA.

Right, but apparently that disclaimer is not enough to prevent people from using their services and insisting that they are dealing directly with the FAA.
If you are inferring I was “insisting” you misunderstood my message. I stumbled across that site when trying to figure out how to register. “Faadronezone” was suspect to me as not appearing officiaI. I kept looking until someone on this forum validated that was the correct site. I recalled the option to purchase a card when brought up on this post and went to look and must have pulled up the incorrect site again from my browse history. I thought I explained that well enough, but I’ve been told I tend to leave out detail.

I have to admit, dronezone doesn't connote an official FAA site. But it is. The biggest but not definitive clue is .gov.
Well to me "faa.gov" really tells me it's official.

I have to admit, dronezone doesn't connote an official FAA site. But it is. The biggest but not definitive clue is .gov.

The .gov top level domain is pretty definitive, unless you think that some other branch of government might try to subvert the role of the FAA. Although come to think of it, I guess I wouldn't be surprised by that at all these days.

You're right, faa.gov is difinitive. .gov alone though is not. One probably could register faaa.gov.

Here’s the link for registering in the U.S. actually uses both!

Right - faa.gov is completely unambiguous if that's what you mean by using both - but I was addressing the (incorrect) suggestion that the .gov domain is not reserved for official Federal government use.

Reactions: Thomas B

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Olga