DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Reliable HDMI Tablets (smaller ones)

I use a Mini 2 with no real issues. It is dedicated to this use so has no other apps except those related to the task (Go4 of course, Airmap, Litchi, etc) and I make sure nothing else is running. I once got a brief CPU warning in the Go4 app but had not manually quit all other apps. Didn't cause any flight issues however. Also make sure you turn off ALL iCloud sync features or it will soon become as cluttered a your other iOS devices.

I use a mount that I designed and 3D printed myself that uses a GoPro tripod adapter (I had one but there are lots you can print).

Mavic Air Phone/Tablet Mount by supergimp if anyone is interested.

View attachment 38897 View attachment 38898

That said, my buddy has a CrystalSky and once I saw it in real life I realized there is no comparison. It's a game changer. Even with a hood on the iPad, I was constantly struggling to avoid glare in the bright Southern California sun. CrystalSky had no issues, no hood. I found one for sale used and hope to receive it in a few days. I don't think I'll ever go back.
I had to send my CS ultra in for screen problems. I had to fly with NVIDIA shield and Galaxy S7... having to hood the screen and deal with regular crashes was no fun.

I'd never look back from a CS

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
assassin23