DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Reliable HDMI Tablets (smaller ones)

Level

Reactions
While hunting for the impossible to find (Nvidia Shield) it occurs to me a different brand might also do the job connecting my MA to the Cinemizer glasses.

I'm looking for a smaller sized (less expensive) version. What HDMI tablet would you recommend?

Reactions: Lucianoandre
No worries.....after a little more searching, I found several others on Ebay.... just do a little searching, I'm sure you'll find a good deal..........I got my Nexus 7 there for <$100 ad it is like brand new......Kinda wish now I had got a Nivida, though can't really complain about the Nexus, just doesn't have HDMI, but works great with my Mavic Air. My rules are don't bid on anything from sellers with less than 100 per cent/ 50 reviews, so the one I posted above wouldn't work for me. I've been an ebayer for several years and have been lucky.........bought some high value stuff and only been burned once, which Ebay took care of.

That is the formula which has worked for me. Will keep looking as this guy doesn't ship to Canada. I would actually prefer a new unit like the Nexus or Kindle or what have you, the search continues...

Last edited:
I have a new Kindle Fire 10 ( 7th Gen ) that works great, but is too big for the controller arms. Would need a add on holder.

Just to clarify........ mine's not for sale.........just one you might look in to if the size doesn't bother you.

I have a new Kindle Fire 10 ( 7th Gen ) that works great, but is too big for the controller arms. Would need a add on holder.

Thank you for this, do you know if they make this model with a smaller screen, say 7-8"?

Don't think so, that's a lightning connector. Do you know if the lightning adaptor cable works with the Cinemizer?
The lightning adapter plugs into the device, the other end has another lightning connector, and a standard HDMI connector. If the Cinemizer requires an HDMI input, then yes it will work.

The lightning adapter plugs into the device, the other end has another lightning connector, and a standard HDMI connector. If the Cinemizer requires an HDMI input, then yes it will work.

Then why is nobody using it?? I could be wrong but I think the adaptor cable isn't compatible with the Cinemizer....will find out more tomorrow. Thank you for your feedback, much appreciated!

Then why is nobody using it?? I could be wrong but I think the adaptor cable isn't compatible with the Cinemizer....will find out more tomorrow. Thank you for your feedback, much appreciated!

It is a 100% HDMI compliant output from an IOS device. I have the adaptor and use it all the time to mirror the ipad or iphone display to projectors, televisions and just about any HDMI capable display. If the glasses you are looking at need an HDMI input, this will, without a doubt work.

As far as I know (and remember from various Mavic Pro threads) is the HDMI-out port of the lightning connector blocked when you use the USB connector for incoming data to the device (similar to MHL for android), so this probably will not work and that is why nobody is using it. The only solution to use HDMI-goggles will be using an Nvidia shield tablet (IMHO) - I also would be motre than happy if somebody would offer/know a solution with an smaller device/tablet.

Reactions: Kilrah
the HDMI-out port of the lightning connector blocked when you use the USB connector for incoming data to the device (similar to MHL for android), so this probably will not work
It'll only work if you're flying without a remote controller.

I will try it tonight and find out for sure.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
assassin23