DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Remote control not charging till 100%

Lolo097

Reactions
Hi I have both MP and MP2. When charging the remote control sufficiently, I never have 100% but 99 to 97% only. Well, it's enough but never occures on my MP remote control. Any suggestion? Thanks Olivier

Main power but you know what? Today, for the first time, I got 100% so I did unplug immediatly. The remote control afraid by my bad writing?? LOL Will see next time...

Reactions: Starz
You don’t need to unplug the controller. Shuts off on its own when it’s fully charged. Hopefully you have it scared enough, it will behave now.

its a NiMH battery - you could completely drain it and charge from < 10% to 'reset'/condition the memory of the battery

it's not a LiPO so it can be stored fully charged and it prefers to be used down and fully recharged several times throughout its lifespan

Reactions: Lolo097
My M2 standard controller sometimes charges to 100% and sometimes to 99% and appears to be random. I just chalk it up to the accuracy of the battery sensing circuit; no big deal.

Reactions: ff22
Mine does that occasionally. It usually charges to 100%, but every now and then it only gets to 99%. Or, sometimes it will charge to 100%. I'll unplug it and a few hours later when I tap the button, it shows 99%.

It doesn't seem to make any difference in the grand scheme of things :)

its a NiMH battery - you could completely drain it and charge from < 10% to 'reset'/condition the memory of the battery

it's not a LiPO so it can be stored fully charged and it prefers to be used down and fully recharged several times throughout its lifespan
Completely wrong, it IS a LiPo.

Completely wrong, it IS a LiPo.

i stand corrected, thank you for so graciously correcting me, are you able to prove irrefutably? as in pics of manual/back and the actual battery? i ask, because below...

the smart controller has Li-iOn (i was wrong there also but the maintenance is still the same) as well as the Mavic pro controller so i was under the assumption why make all the other mavic RC's with Li-iOn and just the M2 with LiPo.

So there's your difference OP - the MP RC is Li-iOn and the MP2 RC is LiPo(maybe)

here's a teardown of a Mavic Pro RC
pay attention to the 4:50 mark.

interesting piece is the back of the Mavic Pro RC says LiPo but it is in fact a Li-iOn; think the M2 RC is mislabeled? since i have the Smart Controller i may take mine apart to find out?

Last edited:
Li-Po and Li-ion are mostly interchangeable, you can't infer a difference from just those names. There are various different chemistries used under both names. LiPo is actually short for Li-Ion Polymer, so depending on how you shorten them omitting the "polymer" and keeping "Li-ion" is common as well.

They're both lithium batteries and that's what matters. Almost nobody still uses NiMH in a consumer device, especially not when it has to be compact like this...

Tip, charge the controller until the display turns off, when it gets to 100% it is still drawing a charging current, only when the display turns off, the charging current drops to zero.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DanManNYC