DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Remote control outlet

USB, It is universal serial bus. Used for data communications between devices. It's predecessor was a 9 pin serial or 25 pin serial. USB had faster speeds, more reliable and is on ver 3 at the time of writing...

You may if you wish, do what probably every one else has done.... just plug a cable I to that port and into your phone or device that you use and you will quickly realize That, yes it works just like the USB port on the side.. once you have realised this, you might notice that now your micro usb port on the side is free for it's other purpose. Yep, you guessed it, you can do what you do every time you needed to recharge the remote. If you did this, you will see that you .can charge and use the device at the same time.

Or, actually, THE BEST thing you could of done was used the search feature on this forum. Someone probably explained it better than me on the uses of the port on the bottom. But I'm to lazy to read... So I just fiddled with the thing and saw what it could do. Ie. Still connect to the app and controller.

So, if you didn't want to fiddle with it, nor read some forum posts, what's your excuse ?

Reactions: VortexSpin
Can the remote be charged using the USB on bottom instead of micro usb on side?

the remote can be charged using the USB on the side and the smartphone/tablet can be plugged on the USB on bottom

USB, It is universal serial bus. Used for data communications between devices. It's predecessor was a 9 pin serial or 25 pin serial. USB had faster speeds, more reliable and is on ver 3 at the time of writing...

You may if you wish, do what probably every one else has done.... just plug a cable I to that port and into your phone or device that you use and you will quickly realize That, yes it works just like the USB port on the side.. once you have realised this, you might notice that now your micro usb port on the side is free for it's other purpose. Yep, you guessed it, you can do what you do every time you needed to recharge the remote. If you did this, you will see that you .can charge and use the device at the same time.

Or, actually, THE BEST thing you could of done was used the search feature on this forum. Someone probably explained it better than me on the uses of the port on the bottom. But I'm to lazy to read... So I just fiddled with the thing and saw what it could do. Ie. Still connect to the app and controller.

So, if you didn't want to fiddle with it, nor read some forum posts, what's your excuse ?
Thank You for your answer. I couldnt find the answer in the manual. Thank You.
Most likely not, you would need a special cable to even test it.

Any particular reason this ended up in the classifieds section?

Any particular reason this ended up in the classifieds section?
Yes I just happened to not be on to move it when it was posted here .
Has been moved now . Thumbswayup

Reactions: Neebles
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradl