DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Remote Controller Shutdown Error

PagelingB

Reactions
The remote controller for my Mavic Pro has become erratic, likely after too much bouncing during off-road driving.

It now takes ~5 minutes to shutdown every time. I'll shut it down normally and the LED screen will continue to say Shutdown for 5 mintues, during which time the controller doesn't respond to any buttons.

In addition, it has trouble connecting to the drone. Half of the time when I try to turn the controller on, it activates after only a single button push. Thereafter it won't be able to connect to the drone. Sometimes (but not always!) it will shut itself off (and not take 5 minutes) after failing to connect to the drone fr 2-3 minutes. However if I can do the normal double button press for start up, then the controller connects fine to the drone and I can fly w/out issue. This problem seems exacerbated (100% occurrence) by having the phone connected before attempting to start the controller, but it still remains a sporadic (~50% occurrence) problem without the phone connected.

I haven't seen any threads with a similar problem. Does anyone have suggestions on quick fixes / hardware repairs I could undertake? I'm doing remote field work, so getting a new controller/sending to DJI isn't an option.

Since you are doing field work, I would hesitate to do much until that work is finished. 50% is better than nothing if a "fix" bricks your system. Unless, of course, someone chimes in with a fully tested solution.

Buuuuutt, if you are feeling lucky, you could try a firmware update on the RC. I don't know if it would then require a firmware update for your MP

Thanks much for the suggestion. I tried a firmware refresh and it seemed to take - the next time I used it I didn't have any problems. But then the following times it has been just as erratic, so likely that one good session was just luck. Another firmware refresh didn't replicate it.

Guess I'm just hosed.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozwaldcore