DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Remote ID built in?

JamesJB

Reactions
Is Remote ID already built in to my AIR 2S? or will I need to buy the device eventually?

I purchased the Fly More Combo on June 10th 2022 picked up at Best Buy.

It's already built in, and one of the last firmwares enabled it.
I bought mine about that time and just downloaded the latest firmware. How can I tell when it is broadcasting my information?

I bought mine about that time and just downloaded the latest firmware. How can I tell when it is broadcasting my information?

I don't have a video for the AIR 2S, but here is one for the Mavic 3. Firmware was updated at the same time, along with the Fly app. Presently, I don't think the available phone apps can receive the information just yet, but the little gadget this guy is using will show you what it is transmitting. All DJI drones that were capable of transmitting Remote ID were supplied with new firmware and software.

Last edited:
If your firmware is 2320 (current latest) then RID is enabled.

If it's 2190 or earlier then it is not.

Upgrading to 2320 cannot be reversed, no ability to downgrade.

If your firmware is 2320 (current latest) then RID is enabled.

If it's 2190 or earlier then it is not.

Upgrading to 2320 cannot be reversed, no ability to downgrade.
If I am reading this right I am assuming my Firmware is 02.04.2500 So i'm guessing its enabled?
Screenshot_20230108_144009.jpg

Reactions: JmsWms
I updated my firmware couple of days ago, tried to fly yesterday and got a message "can't take off and code something or other". Didn't have time to dig into it then but went on Assistant 2 a bit ago and got the message "no firmware" so upgraded to 2500 and all is well. I assume I am now RID enabled. Does the screen show that?

I updated my firmware couple of days ago, tried to fly yesterday and got a message "can't take off and code something or other". Didn't have time to dig into it then but went on Assistant 2 a bit ago and got the message "no firmware" so upgraded to 2500 and all is well. I assume I am now RID enabled. Does the screen show that?
I don't remember seeing it in that screen unless its in another screen.

Last edited:
I checked again and Under About I see Remote ID SN

Reactions: Walleye Hunter
Well, I checked about and I now have a Remote Id serial number so I guess Big Brother will be watching me if they can reach out this far.

• Haha
Reactions: JamesJB
Well, I checked about and I now have a Remote Id serial number so I guess Big Brother will be watching me if they can reach out this far.
I wouldnt worry about big brother,as long as ya dont do anything dumb with the drone and follow the rules and regulations ya should be fine :)

I'll amplify that... The one most important rule to fly fun and stay out of trouble: Don't bother people. That's it.

Be most faithful to that rule, and your likely never to have a problem.

This means sometimes having to defer to someone when technically and legally you're right. Do you want trouble or not? 😁

Reactions: sdcaver and FLDave
Thanks. I have no intention of breaking the rules, just curious.

I am really liking the information on this site. My buddy and I were talking about this yesterday. Being a private pilot, I already know a little about the ADS-B in the airplanes. We have to have ADS-B output but do not have to have it input. I noticed the 'ADS-B' stenciled on one of the legs of my shiny new drone and we were wondering about it. He told me that he was flying his drone recently and got a warning about an airplane that was flying overhead but we were flying ours around here in close proximity to each other and neither of us got any warnings. Do these things have both ADS-B in and out or what?

I am really liking the information on this site. My buddy and I were talking about this yesterday. Being a private pilot, I already know a little about the ADS-B in the airplanes. We have to have ADS-B output but do not have to have it input. I noticed the 'ADS-B' stenciled on one of the legs of my shiny new drone and we were wondering about it. He told me that he was flying his drone recently and got a warning about an airplane that was flying overhead but we were flying ours around here in close proximity to each other and neither of us got any warnings. Do these things have both ADS-B in and out or what?
They only receive ADS-B , they won't transmit it, FAA doesn't want them to, hence remote id.

Reactions: Walleye Hunter
Where did you find your RID serial #? I upgraded my 2S to 2.4.2500. I thought I'd see ID info in the DJI Assistant window but there's nothing.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AVI Drones