DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

REMOTE ID IN MAVIC 2 PRO

Joe Herrera

Reactions
Site
www.engagingfilm.com
I'm studying for the Part 107 exam and just learned that starting in September this year, the FAA will require all drones to have the Remote ID feature built in. I just emailed DJI, but does anyone know if the Mavic 2 Pro has the Remote ID feature? I bought mine in May of 2021. Thanks for your time reading this.

My understanding is that nobody outside DJI knows for sure whether their roadmap includes native RID on the Mavic 2.

I’m very hopeful that we won’t have to buy external RID Broadcast Modules, but we won’t know until DJI makes clear their plans. It’s all speculation for now!

Reactions: RRDC Media
WOW I don't see it on the FAA list either. I wouldn't worry I'm pretty sure it will only require some sort of update (hopefully) Thank god I use my Air2s more than the others If they don't update I will be in the same line to purchase a module but pretty sure I won't have too

For what it's worth, I too have a Mavic 2 Pro and I called DJI support. They told me that in all likelihood a firmware update would be forthcoming by the cutoff date.
Just out of of...idle curiosity (and not even a soupçon of cynical skepticism)... how much do you think they were clear that you were asking specifically about the Mavic 2 Pro?

Reactions: Oman
I'm studying for the Part 107 exam and just learned that starting in September this year, the FAA will require all drones to have the Remote ID feature built in. I just emailed DJI, but does anyone know if the Mavic 2 Pro has the Remote ID feature? I bought mine in May of 2021. Thanks for your time reading this.
I noticed in my Mavic 2 Pro settings (Go 4 App) there is a place to add a remote ID information. It's under main controller settings and then "remote Identification". I don't know if the aircraft is broadcasting anything, but this looks like it is at least a step toward compliance, hopefully without having to add an external broadcast module. I wish DJI was more transparent about the status of remote ID implementation.

I noticed in my Mavic 2 Pro settings (Go 4 App) there is a place to add a remote ID information. It's under main controller settings and then "remote Identification". I don't know if the aircraft is broadcasting anything, but this looks like it is at least a step toward compliance, hopefully without having to add an external broadcast module. I wish DJI was more transparent about the status of remote ID implementation.
This field is there from the early beginning (about 4 years ago). DJI won't be adding Remote ID to Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom series. They even won't support Phantom 4 Pro. Here you can see that even M2 Enterprise and Dual are not RID compliant Remote ID Compliance and Your DJI Enterprise Drones

Reactions: kidroc
Take a look in the GO4 app: MC SETTINGS tab. Top of the list: RID (which you used to be able to switch off.... you can't now). It also shows UUID (Unique User I.D) which is tied in with your DJI account registration details.

I called DJI yesterday about this issue. I have a Mavic 2 Pro. They couldn't really give me a straight answer...

I just bought this drone last weekend and am feeling like I made a mistake since the deadline is quickly approaching.
With DJI not having any guidance on how or where to mount a Remote ID module, and not having an answer if they will be able to issue a firmware update, I am feeling very unsettled about this matter!

Can anyone offer some soothing advice?

An attachable RID module is your only option. Dronetag sells one certified by the FAA, there will be others coming soon too.

Their Dronetag Beacon is a stand-alone unit for $199 and they are currently selling their Dronetag BS model for $49- it will need an external battery and possibly a case that you supply. Both of these units will need their app and your Phone attached to them with Bluetooth in order for them to work.

Last edited:
I called DJI yesterday about this issue. I have a Mavic 2 Pro. They couldn't really give me a straight answer...

I just bought this drone last weekend and am feeling like I made a mistake since the deadline is quickly approaching.
With DJI not having any guidance on how or where to mount a Remote ID module, and not having an answer if they will be able to issue a firmware update, I am feeling very unsettled about this matter!

Can anyone offer some soothing advice?
My personal recommendation would be to return it if possible and get one that is Remote ID compliant as per UAS Declaration of Compliance

An attachable RID module is your only option. Dronetag sells one certified by the FAA, there will be others coming soon too.

Their Dronetag Beacon is a stand-alone unit for $199 and they are currently selling their Dronetag BS model for $49- it will need an external battery and possibly a case that you supply. Both of these units will need their app and your Phone attached to them with Bluetooth in order for them to work.
Is there any news on DJI offering guidance on how and where to affix these modules?

At the moment it seems DJI doesn't care too much about people who own drones that do not have this feature.

My concern is, if and when I purchase one of these modules, how will I know where to affix it to the drone so that it doesn't cause problems with the drone's internal components

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clang123