DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

[Remote ID] Mavic Pro Platinum is Compliant!

Since Mavic Pro and Mavic Pro Platinum use the same controller and firmware, it would make sense that DJI would also make the Mavic Pro FAA compliant. There's still a gazillion MP1s flying!
Anybody with a mpp see any firmware updates in assistant 2? I haven't gotten anything with m1p. And still nothing on ddd. Makes me think the only testing they did was just by submitting the fcc wifi/bluetooth as a compliant capable device.

I emailed DJI requesting information regarding the FAA Remote ID Declaration of Compliance that was submitted and were approved for the Mavic Pro Platinum. Since this is just their general customer service support, I asked them to please research the FAA submission with their development / technical team. Here is their response. Its going to be hard to know if there is going to be any help from DJI on this unless there is a way to get in touch with the development or technical people directly involved in the software and hardware development.

Duke (DJI Support)
2023/2/18 GMT+8 00:54
Dear customer,

Good day!

Thanks for your patience. After contacting our relevant team, I am sorry we do not have the relevant plan of Remote ID for Mavic Pro Platinum. For the link you provided, UAS Declaration of Compliance, our relevant team is confirming it now. For more detailed information, please kindly refer to the DJI Official website. Thanks for your understanding.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to contact us. We are always here to help you.
Thank you for choosing DJI.
Best Regards,
Duke
DJI Technical Support
Phone Service: +1 (818) 235 0789 (Mon-Sun 6:00AM - 6:00PM PST)
Online Service: DJI Support (Mon-Sun 7:00AM - 5:00PM PST)
I have a M1X (MPP) and I have no idea how to implement RID in it. It still uses the Go 4 App and I don't see anything in the settings that shows where one would turn this on.... Does anyone know how to do this?

Anybody with a mpp see any firmware updates in assistant 2? I haven't gotten anything with m1p. And still nothing on ddd. Makes me think the only testing they did was just by submitting the fcc wifi/bluetooth as a compliant capable device.
I have Not seen any updates and I would love to know exactly how to implement this on my M1X (MPP).
UPDATE: The RID is 1581F in front of the serial number and add a "0" on the end and then it's accepted on the FAA site.
For the M1X:
With both the controller and the AC started in the Go 4 app go to settings, then go to the Aircraft icon, then the 1st item "Remote Identification", Turn on Both items, then enter 1581F and the AC Serial Number and add a 0 at the end and Apply.

Last edited:
I have Not seen any updates and I would love to know exactly how to implement this on my M1X (MPP).
Rid won't be available until the firmware update. Accessible in go4 when they finally implement it in firmware.

I just went to the Drone Zone to Update my Registration for my Air 2S & M1X and the response said that the "Aircraft Serial Numbers" Didn't Match!!! I used the DJI Serial numbers, WTF!
There's a block ahead of the serial numbers that goes with the mpp in drone zone. Put the 1581f08q3 in front of your dji serial and see if it takes it.

There's a block ahead of the serial numbers that goes with the mpp in drone zone.
Thanks, good to know!😉
FYI, you have to put the 1581F in front of the serial number, then add a 0 to the end. Then it's accepted. ;)

Last edited:
I took a look at my Platinum today, and it appears my model is not compliant.

My serial number is 08RDG6C................

It looks like to me there are only a small block of numbers that fit in the range group from the website.

The way I read it, the group is Serial #: 1581F08Q300000000000 - 1581F08Q3FFFFFFFFFFF

So I might be forced to buy an aftermarket module, or wait and see what happens.

I took a look at my Platinum today, and it appears my model is not compliant.

My serial number is 08RDG6C................

It looks like to me there are only a small block of numbers that fit in the range group from the website.

The way I read it, the group is Serial #: 1581F08Q300000000000 - 1581F08Q3FFFFFFFFFFF

So I might be forced to buy an aftermarket module, or wait and see what happens.
We're not sure what the deal is yet whether there is a firmware update coming or what. So it looks like the approval is not as it is (which is what we suspected). The firmware update is what we think is coming down the pike although none has shown yet. This is an odd situation pending a possible controversial outcome. Why it would be approved when not yet functional as it sits.

We're not sure what the deal is yet whether there is a firmware update coming or what. So it looks like the approval is not as it is (which is what we suspected). The firmware update is what we think is coming down the pike although none has shown yet. This is an odd situation pending a possible controversial outcome. Why it would be approved when not yet functional as it sits.
I think my MAVIC PRO is in the same boat. Serial 1581F-08Q2xxxxxxxxxx. I am thinking that many more of the Mavic Pros even outside the serial numbers submitted for approval, have the hardware needed to comply with Remote ID.
Question would be if DJI will release firmware to make it work or not, keeping fingers crossed.

I think my MAVIC PRO is in the same boat. Serial 1581F-08Q2xxxxxxxxxx. I am thinking that many more of the Mavic Pros even outside the serial numbers submitted for approval, have the hardware needed to comply with Remote ID.
Question would be if DJI will release firmware to make it work or not, keeping fingers crossed.
They have the wifi and sometimes the bluetooth (maybe more on platinum than original pro). Wouldn't take much to do it really. They just went with the FCC of hardware already on the bird. Getting the GPS from the bird's gps module is the only thing that DJI would have to extract to make remote ID work.

It has been a while since I last posted here since getting an Inspire 2, but I have been regularly watching the list of Remote ID-compliant drones monthly hoping to see the Inspire 2 on the list. Mavic Pro Platinum is on the list, folks, so if you have one, no need to buy a broadcast module!

See for yourself here: UAS Declaration of Compliance
Do anyone know for sure if the standard Mavic Pro (Not Platinum) is equipped with an internal RID that can be made compliant with a firmware update or is it too old? (everyone seems to be speculating but I haven't seen a definitive answer anywhere. )

Do anyone know for sure if the standard Mavic Pro (Not Platinum) is equipped with an internal RID that can be made compliant with a firmware update or is it too old? (everyone seems to be speculating but I haven't seen a definitive answer anywhere. )
As of yet, no. But it almost has the hardware for it. Some have wifi and others might also have Bluetooth. It could also be just the platinum that has the bluetooth. It could be implemented fairly easy, but not sure why platinum has been accepted as it sits. Why not both and where's the firmware update if needed?

It has been a while since I last posted here since getting an Inspire 2, but I have been regularly watching the list of Remote ID-compliant drones monthly hoping to see the Inspire 2 on the list. Mavic Pro Platinum is on the list, folks, so if you have one, no need to buy a broadcast module!

See for yourself here: UAS Declaration of Compliance
I emailed DJI requesting information regarding the FAA Remote ID Declaration of Compliance that was submitted and were approved for the Mavic Pro Platinum. Since this is just their general customer service support, I asked them to please research the FAA submission with their development / technical team. Here is their response. Its going to be hard to know if there is going to be any help from DJI on this unless there is a way to get in touch with the development or technical people directly involved in the software and hardware development.

Duke (DJI Support)
2023/2/18 GMT+8 00:54
Dear customer,

Good day!

Thanks for your patience. After contacting our relevant team, I am sorry we do not have the relevant plan of Remote ID for Mavic Pro Platinum. For the link you provided, UAS Declaration of Compliance, our relevant team is confirming it now. For more detailed information, please kindly refer to the DJI Official website. Thanks for your understanding.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to contact us. We are always here to help you.
Thank you for choosing DJI.
Best Regards,
Duke
DJI Technical Support
Phone Service: +1 (818) 235 0789 (Mon-Sun 6:00AM - 6:00PM PST)
Online Service: DJI Support (Mon-Sun 7:00AM - 5:00PM PST)
DJI Support.jpg

As of July 12, 2023, the Mavic Pro Platinum is no longer rated as FAA compliant for Remote ID. The FAA as rescinded its Declaration of Compliance for the Platinum. See information below:

Notice of Rescission of Unmanned Aircraft Systems Remote Identification Declaration of Compliance, Tracking No. RID000000111 for DJI Mavic Pro Platinum Aircraft:

Lorin (W6EO)
User: Screenshot 2023-07-12 at 11.05.26 AM.pngWA1PGB

• Wow
Reactions: bitsbytes
As of July 12, 2023, the Mavic Pro Platinum is no longer rated as FAA compliant for Remote ID. The FAA as rescinded its Declaration of Compliance for the Platinum. See information below:

Notice of Rescission of Unmanned Aircraft Systems Remote Identification Declaration of Compliance, Tracking No. RID000000111 for DJI Mavic Pro Platinum Aircraft:

Lorin (W6EO)
User: View attachment 166064WA1PGB
Not sure how that was going to work out. Maybe it needs to be resubmitted with a firmware update.

Well that sucks! Not sure it mattered for me personally since my serial number was outside the range approved, but for other hopeful pilots that own the Mavic Pro Platinum, its a serious blow.
Personally, I don't fly as much as I used to and will probably wait for prices of RID add on modules to come down.

From FAA "On February 16, 2023, the FAA received communication from DJI stating that the group of products listed in the DOC application with the assigned tracking number RID000000111 were, in fact, not compliant with the performance requirements of part 89. Therefore, DJI requested a rescission of the FAA-accepted DOC with tracking number RID000000111. DJI's subsequent internal review of the incident determined that the employee listed as the contact on the DOC application no longer had RID certification responsibilities at the time the DOC was submitted, and their employee stated he did not submit the RID000000111 DOC. The FAA is continuing to investigate."

• Haha
Reactions: bitsbytes
Well that sucks! Not sure it mattered for me personally since my serial number was outside the range approved, but for other hopeful pilots that own the Mavic Pro Platinum, its a serious blow.
Personally, I don't fly as much as I used to and will probably wait for prices of RID add on modules to come down.

From FAA "On February 16, 2023, the FAA received communication from DJI stating that the group of products listed in the DOC application with the assigned tracking number RID000000111 were, in fact, not compliant with the performance requirements of part 89. Therefore, DJI requested a rescission of the FAA-accepted DOC with tracking number RID000000111. DJI's subsequent internal review of the incident determined that the employee listed as the contact on the DOC application no longer had RID certification responsibilities at the time the DOC was submitted, and their employee stated he did not submit the RID000000111 DOC. The FAA is continuing to investigate."
Seems like something suspicious happened with that one. It always seemed a bit bizarre that they would have applied for RID DOC for a drone that is already deprecated by 2 generations of newer ones. Thankfully I don't think that many people fly them anymore (other than yourself).

Thankfully I don't think that many people fly them anymore (other than yourself).

Many still do and appreciate how good these early Mavics were (and still are).

For @Blarneystone . . . there are a few M1P / MPP type RID discussions going on here in the forum, makes it a bit confusing.
You may see a couple of them with the following info about RID modules, but here it is again . . .

From another post in the SparkPilots forum . . .

One pilot had a couple of RID module specs and compared to a Flytron strobe (very small lightweight strobe light) . . .

"CubePilot's product measures 25mm (0.098") x 13.75mm (0.54") x 3.5mm (0.14") at 10gr (0.35oz)

Dronetag BS measures 17mm (0.66") x 14mm (0.55") x 5mm (0.19") at 3gr (0.35oz)

For comparison, my Flytron strobe is 20mm (0.79" x 16mm (0.63") x 8mm (0.31") at 4.5gr (0.16oz) and attaches to the RH aft prop guard with 3m Dual Lock velcro, so unless the module has specific placement requirements, I'd expect it could be attached similarly."

Hope that helps, the Spark is a very small craft to get anything extra on, but with those size above it should be easy on the other larger aircraft others might have.

Many still do and appreciate how good these early Mavics were (and still are).

For @Blarneystone . . . there are a few M1P / MPP type RID discussions going on here in the forum, makes it a bit confusing.
You may see a couple of them with the following info about RID modules, but here it is again . . .

From another post in the SparkPilots forum . . .

One pilot had a couple of RID module specs and compared to a Flytron strobe (very small lightweight strobe light) . . .

"CubePilot's product measures 25mm (0.098") x 13.75mm (0.54") x 3.5mm (0.14") at 10gr (0.35oz)

Dronetag BS measures 17mm (0.66") x 14mm (0.55") x 5mm (0.19") at 3gr (0.35oz)

For comparison, my Flytron strobe is 20mm (0.79" x 16mm (0.63") x 8mm (0.31") at 4.5gr (0.16oz) and attaches to the RH aft prop guard with 3m Dual Lock velcro, so unless the module has specific placement requirements, I'd expect it could be attached similarly."

Hope that helps, the Spark is a very small craft to get anything extra on, but with those size above it should be easy on the other larger aircraft others might have.
Thanks for the additional information on the additional forum RID topics. I have seen a few of them and I will check them going forward before making a decision on a RID add on module.
I love my Mavic Pro Platinum. Flies great, pretty stable in a little breeze, reliable, never had a problem with it.

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volidas