DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Remote ID

tenicdog

Reactions
I have a Mavic Pro Platinum. I think is supposed to have Remote ID, but I see that it's been declared non-compliant. Anyone have an idea if this will be resolved? If it's going to be a hassle, I'm considering buying a Mini or something else.

RC

I have a Mavic Pro Platinum. I think is supposed to have Remote ID, but I see that it's been declared non-compliant. Anyone have an idea if this will be resolved? If it's going to be a hassle, I'm considering buying a Mini or something else.

RC
Apparently this won't be resolved. Both the FAA and DJI are saying "not me! I didn't do it!" The indication is that the MPP was never going to be capable of Standard RID, and that the application was submitted and approved in error on all sides.
You should think about buying something else like a Mini 3 Pro.
Agreed. @tenicdog could go under 249g for recreational only (Mini 1, 2, or 3 from DJI), or a recent/current over 250g drone that does support Standard RID. The Mini 3 checks both boxes, under 249g and has Standard RID.

Reactions: Cafguy
I fly an M1P and really have no desire to buy anything else. Is there a RID unit that is light, cheap and have a low profile?

Straight from the horse's mouth -
1#
DJI, the global leader in civilian drones and creative camera technology, is dedicated to providing our valued customers with important updates regarding compliance with the U.S. Federal Aviation Administration’s (FAA)remote identification (remote ID) regulation.

Remote ID refers to a drone's ability to transmit identification and location information during flight, which can be received by relevant parties. By implementing remote ID, the FAA aims to enhance situational awareness, streamline airspace management, monitor compliance, and support law enforcement efforts. According to FAA, all drone pilots required to register their UAS must operate their aircraft in accordance with the final rule on remote ID beginning September 16, 2023.

All DJI drones manufactured after September 16, 2022, such as Mavic 3 Pro, Mavic 3 Classic, Inspire 3, and DJI Mini 3, all have built-in remote ID capabilities. For drone pilots operating other DJI models to ensure compliance with the remote ID requirements, they have three options:

1. Update the Drone’s Firmware: Several of DJIs latest and most popular drone models have obtained, or will soon receive firmware updates to support remote ID functionality. These updates guarantee that you can adhere to the FAA's remote ID regulations.
2. Purchase a Separate Broadcast Module: In cases where certain drone models cannot receive firmware updates for remote ID, customers have the option to purchase a separate broadcast module. This module can be retrofitted onto your drone and broadcasts identification and location information as required by the remote ID rule.
3. Fly within FAA-Recognized Identification Areas (FRIAs): FRIAs are specific locations recognized by the FAA where drones can operate without the need for remote ID transmission.

While we strive to support as many customers as possible, certain older drone models cannot receive firmware updates for remote ID due to hardware compatibility limitations. For owners of unsupported drone models, we encourage you to consider purchasing a separate broadcast module to ensure compliance with remote ID regulations.

Below outlines the status of the Remote ID compliance of DJI’s consumer drones:

Drone Model Name
Broadcast Module Needed?
No​
No​
No​
No​
Mavic 3 Cine​
No​
No​
No​
Inspire 3​
No​
Mavic 3 Pro​
No​
Mavic 3 Pro Cine​
No​
FPV
No; Firmware upgrade will available by August 31, 2023 at the latest​
No; Firmware upgrade will available by September 30, 2023 at the latest​
No; Firmware upgrade will available by December 31, 2023 at the latest​
No; Firmware upgrade will available by December 31, 2023 at the latest​
Phantom 4 Pro v2.0​
No; Firmware upgrade will available by December 31, 2023 at the latest

At DJI, we are passionate about driving the drone industry forward while ensuring safety and compliance. We appreciate your support and understanding as we navigate the evolving landscape of drone regulations.​

I fly an M1P and really have no desire to buy anything else. Is there a RID unit that is light, cheap and have a low profile?
I have the same issue. Mavic Pro 2. It fits my needs well as a photographer and I'm not interested in spending more for something newer. I'll need an RID module, so any thoughts about which one to buy would be real appreciated. Time is running short!

Reactions: BigAl07
I have the same issue. Mavic Pro 2. It fits my needs well as a photographer and I'm not interested in spending more for something newer. I'll need an RID module, so any thoughts about which one to buy would be real appreciated. Time is running short!
Right now it looks like the best option would be the Bluemark Drone Beacon db120.

Reactions: BigAl07
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volidas