DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

REMOVE BEFORE FLIGHT

I've done the same on my mavic pro I drilled two small holes under the cover and looped a cable tie through the holes and attached the metal ring to it

Reactions: Wipster
Remove before flight
Gimbal Clamp With 'Remove Before Flight' Streamer Interest?
Remove before flight
Remove Before Flight
Is a good idea and ya can see you were beat to it .
Cover not hurt you but the gimbal lock.
Myself I use the gimbal cover that has the 2 prongs in it to secure the camera .
View attachment 32905 Been using one since they came out and work great. msinger has them listed in his signature .;)

Yes, I know I wasn’t the only one but also it’s a little different than the pro (traded-in my MP for the MA). The gimbal lock and cover is all one piece.

Yes, I know I wasn’t the only one but also it’s a little different than the pro (traded-in my MP for the MA). The gimbal lock and cover is all one piece.
Your correct and wasn't thinking .:oops:

You can also just put a sticker to cover the front of the gimbal cover to block the camera. You'll see it before you take off that there's no video and remember to remove it. I wonder why they don't make the gimbal cover opaque.

You can also just put a sticker to cover the front of the gimbal cover to block the camera. You'll see it before you take off that there's no video and remember to remove it. I wonder why they don't make the gimbal cover opaque.
^No - you don't want to wait till after the gimbal initializes to remove it.
Shouldn't it say "remove before powering on" since the gimbal does a power on self test which can damage itself if the protector is still in place?
^Yes

Reactions: MavicFlyer
+1

I too use a pre-flight checklist and haven't left a gimbal cover/lock on any of my drones...

I use a preflight checklist I made myself, never ever have forgotten to remove the clamp and/or cover

I’ve only forgotten once to remove the gimbal cover. Now using a remove before flight tag (available on Amazon) and some fishing line to attach it underneath to the hinge of the gimbal cover.

Just in case you guys forget too.

View attachment 32903
I have the same setup. Too easy to forget this before you power up the drone.

Thanks for these ideas. I've already lost the gimbal cover once. I forgot to take it off initially where I would normally put it with my kit. Instead I put it in my pocket where it must have fallen out and landed in the snow. Thankfully I found it 2 weeks later, after the snow melted.

I'm going with one of those red velcro one wrap ties and glue it to the gimbal cover.

I'll mount it sideways and wrap it around the drone loosely after the drone is folded up. That way I have to unwrap it before I unfold the drone. :)

Now that I think about it more, I can stick the velcro it to the inside top of the fly more case when not in use. Or make a loop and attach it to something. Hmmm if I make it long enough I can use it to secure the drone to something if filming on the ground.

Time to go shopping:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B005...+wrap+ties&dpPl=1&dpID=41dzjascx8L&ref=plSrch

I scotch taped a small piece of bright orange plastic flagging tape on the gimbal cover. Impossible to forget to remove, but more important it wont get lost being put down on the ground or in a bag during flights, otherwise its very easy to lose!

Seriously.....smh that thing is bigger then the air...if you cant remember to take a gimbal clamp off of the most important part of the drone maybe u shouldnt be flying a quadcopter.....for realss

Seriously.....smh that thing is bigger then the air...if you cant remember to take a gimbal clamp off of the most important part of the drone maybe u shouldnt be flying a quadcopter.....for realss
Really?
45fbc45ac0d4f618e763934785ee8651.gif

Haha im just saying!

My solution works just as well and is 100% free.
I taped one end of an 10" long piece of 1" wide red gift wrapping ribbon to the inside of the camera dome.
Impossible to miss seeing that prior to flying

Reactions: Classic flyer

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pleopard