DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Reply to Highland Cows---- Lowland Cows LOL

Bigbird48

Reactions
These cows wander thru my back yard on occasion. Cows in Arizona pretty much own the land in free range country. They can go where they want when they want.

Last edited:
Drones scare cattle, they flee on approach. If we’d had drones back in the sixties on the ranch, roundup would have been much easier: use that aversion to move them in the desired direction, drone-as-cattledog. One drone could do the work of three horsemen. Wouldn’t be as iconically Western, though.

Well as you can see they weren't really bothered to much by my drone following them around my back yard.:D

Well as you can see they weren't really bothered to much by my drone following them around my back yard.:D
Actually, I can tell that they were very nervous about your drone, but you stayed far enough away that they didn't quite spook, though they came close to it once. (Remember, I was raised on a cattle ranch.) Had you moved in closer, they would have trotted away; had you pursued them, they would have run in panic.
Just ain't sure yer reddy fer ridin' herd there yet, young feller. ;)

... My wife thinks cows are stupid. I don't even know what to say to that. I just stare at her.
Be careful, man, when she says that. You’re doing exactly what a cow would do. That doesn’t have a good ending. :eek:
Anyway, your wife could not be more correct. To call cattle dull-witted insults the dull-witted. OMG yeah. :confused:
Cheers!

Reactions: Drone on
Be careful, man, when she says that. You’re doing exactly what a cow would do. That doesn’t have a good ending. :eek:
Anyway, your wife could not be more correct. To call cattle dull-witted insults the dull-witted. OMG yeah. :confused:
Cheers!
My grandfather, when talking of someone he thought was very stupid, would say that the person was "as dumb as a thousand cows." As a kid I thought it was pretty funny, now I think it's hilarious. As if a thousand cows would be even dumber than one!

My grandfather, when talking of someone he thought was very stupid, would say that the person was "as dumb as a thousand cows." As a kid I thought it was pretty funny, now I think it's hilarious. As if a thousand cows would be even dumber than one!
The way I read it, he figured the combined intelligence of a thousand cows was still pretty doggone stupid! :p

Reactions: W2EJ
These cows wander thru my back yard on occasion. Cows in Arizona pretty much own the land in free range country. They can go where they want when they want.
Hey Bigbird48,
I’ve accidentally flown my RC glider down in a canyon below me after the wind died, frantically trying to get altitude back. I could see its large shadow on the ground and knew it was almost over, and then it passed over a herd of cows and I could see it's large shadow over their backs, knowing it was going to be a near miss. I was so glad the owner of the cows didnt see them running away from my wayward glider the way they did! After seeing how cows responded to my model glider, I think drones could be a great cow herding tool for armchair cowboys like you! :)

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78