DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Request for handheld indoor video footage on M2P

OurAngryBadger

Reactions
I do interior walkthough for Real Estate agents occasionally in homes. I normally use an Osmo2 for this, but recently after upgrading to a Galaxy Note10+, I've realized its too big and heavy for the Osmo and I'll sell my Osmo.

I've been thinking maybe I could just use a M2P indoors for this using one of these things

Surely, the 1" sensor would be better than my cell phone on an Osmo. But it worries me that the M2P gimbal is more fine tuned and calibrated for flying and not ground use.

But I don't have my M2P yet to test myself. And I can't find any hand held indoor footage on YouTube, only a few indoor flying videos.

Could anyone take a video for me of them holding their M2P in your house and share? I'll need a video of you holding it straight and walking down hallways into rooms, maybe panning a few rooms by hand or by controller. Would be best if it's not a brightly lit areas, since sometimes I work in darker homes.

Reason I'm asking is because I'm set to get my M2P next week. But if it won't work out for my needs indoors, I will just order a steadicam of some sort with it to get a discount off both rather than paying full price later.

Last edited:
The Katana will work quite well for what you are trying to accomplish.
I don't have any footage from using mine with a Mavic zoom (I'm at work)
You have to practice a little because of the slight up and down movement of the camera shot as you walk. With a little use you will become very proficient in walking your shot, and it will look like you flew the whole mission.
Hope this helps.

Fly safe, Fly often.

It works but is not great, you have to be more careful especially about yaw stability. Handheld gimbals have a "buffer" and allow for a bit of yaw movement before they start to follow since you tend to frequently unwillingly move yaw a bit, but the aircraft gimbals follow almost straight away so it's harder to get footage that doesn't wiggle side to side.

I do interior walkthough for Real Estate agents occasionally in homes. I normally use an Osmo2 for this, but recently after upgrading to a Galaxy Note10+, I've realized its too big and heavy for the Osmo and I'll sell my Osmo.
I do the same for realtors; I can't even imagine showing up and doing a video holding a drone. It would not look or be professional. Even the iPhone 11 in a Osmo 3 doesn't send the right message, even though the results are good. I wllll stick with my GH5 in a hand held gimbal.

Reactions: Thanohano44

I've been thinking maybe I could just use a M2P indoors for this using one of these things

Surely, the 1" sensor would be better than my cell phone on an Osmo. But it worries me that the M2P gimbal is more fine tuned and calibrated for flying and not ground use.

But I don't have my M2P yet to test myself. And I can't find any hand held indoor footage on YouTube, only a few indoor flying videos.

Could anyone take a video for me of them holding their M2P in your house and share? I'll need a video of you holding it straight and walking down hallways into rooms, maybe panning a few rooms by hand or by controller. Would be best if it's not a brightly lit areas, since sometimes I work in darker homes.

Reason I'm asking is because I'm set to get my M2P next week. But if it won't work out for my needs indoors, I will just order a steadicam of some sort with it to get a discount off both rather than paying full price later.

Good luck. An M2P in Opti mode will sense obstacles every which way and freeze.

Buy a Ronin and a DSLR.

You might consider the Osmo Pocket for that kind of use. Wandering around with a Mavic is going to look completely amateur and be a pain to operate, juggling the aircraft and controller.

Reactions: Rockycat
Thanks all. Lots of good info.

I don't do the video walkthroughs enough to spend a lot on a new rig (maybe 1 every month or two, most agents would rather get a matterport tour) which is why I was hoping to just use the M2P hand held for those that do want the video.

@sar104 suggestion for a osmo pocket is an idea I never thought about and sounds cool. Also it appears although my OsmoMobile2 doesn't work well with the Note10Plus or other heavy phones, the OsmoMobile3 does.

So at this point I gotta figure out what will give me better video quality, my Note10Plus on an Osmo Mobile 3, or an Osmo Pocket. Both take 4k video and have the same sensor size. I see the advantage to the OsmoMobile3 would be that I could use future smartphones with it as cell phone camera tech evolves. But the Osmo Pocket would give me better portability and quicker setup time (which is why I havent bought a gimbal for my DSLR).

Thanks all. Lots of good info.

I don't do the video walkthroughs enough to spend a lot on a new rig (maybe 1 every month or two, most agents would rather get a matterport tour) which is why I was hoping to just use the M2P hand held for those that do want the video.

@sar104 suggestion for a osmo pocket is an idea I never thought about and sounds cool. Also it appears although my OsmoMobile2 doesn't work well with the Note10Plus or other heavy phones, the OsmoMobile3 does.

So at this point I gotta figure out what will give me better video quality, my Note10Plus on an Osmo Mobile 3, or an Osmo Pocket. Both take 4k video and have the same sensor size. I see the advantage to the OsmoMobile3 would be that I could use future smartphones with it as cell phone camera tech evolves. But the Osmo Pocket would give me better portability and quicker setup time (which is why I havent bought a gimbal for my DSLR).

I have the Osmo Pocket, and it takes excellent video, as well as doing auto-panos etc. Works well indoors, fast to use, and looks cool. The only question would be whether the FOV is what you like to use.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78